LO$ER/LOVER

TW: mentions of homophobia, racism and the f slur. There is a -----TW----- before and after, if you want to skip<3

Will's POV:

I messed up. I messed up bad. That I could admit. And I knew that I needed to apologize. Which I would. But something felt unfair. I felt like I was the only one who needed to apologize. I wouldn't have reacted like that if Brian hadn't told Cole. Why did he tell him of all people. I didn't know much about Cole, but I didn't like him. Something about him annoyed me.

He is very popular. Not like me. Everyone knows who I am, even people who don't know me. But everyone just knows Cole. He's not academically skilled. He doesn't play a sport. He's not a member of a club. He's not even that good looking! So how come everyone just loves him, like it's an automatic response to his presence. And why did the popular party boy have to be best friends with Brian, the smart kid with 100 club activities that never goes out. I hated it. Their friendship annoyed me. How would they even know each other?

It also made me wonder if there was something between them. Brian and I started helping each other out after we kinda became friends. Was he doing what he was doing with me with others? If so, how many? And it had to be Cole. Most definitely. My blood boiled at the thought. Brian deserved someone smart, with an actual future. Someone like me.

Yes, I would definitely meet Brian today at school and apologize. And then we could make out and be friends again. I stopped in front of the doors that led to my school. I really hated this place. I hated having to go there almost every day. My throat tightened, my pulse quickened and my stomach hurt just at the thought of going to school.  It was the crushing feeling of being watched that messed me up the most. I knew, the second I walked inside people would be watching me. They always were. Waiting for me to make a mistakes so they could bring me down. I could barely handle the stress of it. I grabbed the door handle and stepped inside. Focus on what's important, I told myself. It was the only way to keep myself from going insane. I walked down the halls pondering on how I best could apologize.

Brian's POV:

Despite my fight with Will, I was in a surprisingly good mood. After school, Cole and I was going to buy ice cream and hang out. He was apparently "laying low", avoiding social gatherings because of his weird relationship with this Jace guy. I didn't really understand it, but I loved to hear him gossip.

I was also determined to give Will the silent treatment. Only til'he apologized, of course. I don't think I would be able to resist him if he apologized. But until then I would play hard to get. He should apologize, and it should be good. Maybe he would even confess that he liked me. Then I would forgive him right away and be his boyfriend. I know I would. I hummed while stuffing my bag inside my locker.  In the corner of my eye, I saw Will walking by. I tried to look at him subtly, but he just walked past. I decided to believe he was just nervous. He would come to me when he was ready.

The school day had finally come to an end. Will hadn't apologized yet, but I wasn't that bothered. I would give him time. I felt a vibration in my pocket and reached for my phone. I saw Cole had texted me. Sweet.

Cole

-Hey, class ended early. I'm at the east side of the parking lot.

I was about to text him back, when I felt my head bump into something hard. My phone fell to the floor, and I tried to pick it up. "Sorry", I muttered as I lifted the phone to check for cracks. I ran my fingers down the smooth glass. Still intact. I pushed myself up to come face to face with none other than Chad. "Aren't you gonna say sorry?", he asked. "I already did", I rolled my eyes. Behind him I recognized Will and one of his friends. 

"Next time, watch where you're going", Chad smirked, "or are your eyes to small?". He pulled his eyes back. I physically jumped back at his gesture. What the fuck was wrong with him. Will put his hand on Chad's shoulder. "Hey, man. Stop. That's just racist", he said. Chad huffed. "What, you have some club activities together, and now you're all chummy with each other"? Will shook his head. "I'm just being decent. I do represent the school as student council president", he said in a stern voice, his grip tightening. 

Chad tried to hide his pain. He turned to will, nose flaring. "You're protecting that little shit? You know, ever since you started doing all those club activities, you became lame. It's like your protecting him because he follows you around like a little puppy", he snarled. "We just work together. Chill", Will said, but his voice was shaking, and his gaze was anywhere but on Chad. Chad narrowed his eyes. "What, is he your boyfriend or something"? "No!", Will said, but he said it way too quickly. His other friend gave him a strange look. 

-----TW-----

"Good", Chad smirked. "You're not a fag, are you?", he asked, grabbing his shirt. Will grabbed his hand and pulled it off. "Of course not", he muttered. Chad turned to me. "Do you have a crush on him or something? It's creepy, the way you follow him. Get a life. Are you fucking gay?", he spat in my face. I gave him a challenging look. "What if I am?", I said, dead serious. Chad grabbed my shoulders and pushed me hard. The unexpected movement caught me off guard. I felt my body hit the floor. The pain came a second later. I winced. "You're fucking disgusting, you know that?", Chad spat. He walked away while I watched his other friend trying to catch up to him. Will was standing over me, looking down at me. My eyes started to sting. Will watched them leave before offering a hand. "I'm sorry. Can we talk?", he asked, reaching for my hand. I slapped his hand away. "You're a fucking coward", I spat at him. "Don't ever talk to me again", I scowled.

-----TW----- 

My eyes were stinging, and my breath was hard. I ignored his yelling. I ignored the sound of his footsteps. It was first when I got in the car that i started to cry. I bawled my eyes out, I didn't even bother to hide it. Cole looked like he was on the verge of asking me what was wrong, but when he saw my eyes, he just drove us away. 

A/N: I really three weeks just to do this(:<

Please comment and/or vote, it means a lot<3