I've fallen for you

I walked into school with a newfound confidence. I put on my favorite socks, and I even fixed my hair. After talking to Cole, I knew what I had to do. I had to toughen up and ask Will on a date. And he already asked me to talk to him, so all I needed to do was find him and get the words out. Easy, right?

Well, as I was walking towards my locker at lunch, Will pulled me aside. "There you are, I've been looking for you everywhere", he said. I blushed. "Really?" This was the perfect opportunity! "Yeah, we need to talk", he said while looking around. "Not here though, let's go somewhere else." He grabbed my arm and dragged me into the janitors closet.

"So..", I said, not ready to meet his eyes. "Wait, let me talk first", Will said. "I'm really sorry", he said. My eyes widened and my mouth opened in shock and confusion. "Why are you saying sorry?", I asked. "I shouldn't have kissed you", he said. I frowned. "Why not?", I asked. "Because it was wrong. I was taking advantage of the situation, and you. Because you were drunk." "We were both drunk", I said. "It's anyone's fault that we did what we did." 

Will looked to the side, unable to look me in the eyes. "Can you not tell anyone about this?", he quietly asked. I nodded. "I won't tell anyone", I said. He let out a deep breath. "Thank you. I just, nobody... uh", he rambled. "I don't want anyone to know that." I nodded. Somebody already knew. But it was just Cole. My best friend. And I knew that if I told him to not tell anyone else, he wouldn't. 

"Anyways..", I said, but Will cut me off again. "Wait. I just want to ask. Can we pretend that this never happened? It was just a drunken mistake, and it should have never happened", he said. My heart sank to my stomach. I leaned on one of the shelves for support. "Yeah, sure. Let's go back to normal", I agreed while plastering on a fake smile. Was this really how he felt about all this? What the heck even was normal for us. I wanted to leave. I wanted to cry. "So", Will's voice snapped me back to reality. "Was there something that you wanted to tell me?", he asked. I shook my head. "No, nope, nada." He tilted his head, looking slightly worried slightly confused. "Um, okay. Well, we can still hang and stuff. We have this big chemistry test next week. I was thinking since we both missed the weekend cause of our trip, we could do a study date or something", he suggested. I blinked. "Uuuhh, yeah, sure, sounds good", I threw him two thumbs up. "Anyways gotta go now byee", I said and speeded the fuck out of the closet. 

I ended up spending the whole lunch crying in the bathroom. Pathetic.

Will Asshole Miller

-My place at 8? This Friday?

Ugh, a text from him. Should I even go? It still hurt to be rejected, maybe I should just drop it. But I really wanted to be with him again. Yes, Brian. You can do it. No need to ruin a friendship because of complicated feelings.

Will Asshole Miller

Sure-

There. I had replied. Now I would just have to wait.

The days went by in a blur. All I could focus on was Friday. I did talk to Will in some classes, but it was mostly school related and nothing more. And I saw him in the hallways. We would exchange glances, but none of waved or said hi. Considering his friend group, that was expected. By the end of the week school and work was really tiring me out. Now that my mom was doing better, I considered asking for less shifts at the cafè. I was tired. All I wanted was to fall into a coma and sleep for a couple days. Oh wait, I've already done that. Never mind, then. I at least wanted to go home and sleep. But I couldn't. Because the desire to meet Will was too strong. I hoped this time I didn't embarrass the shit out of myself at least.

This time I didn't hesitate, but knocked at the door right away. Will said hi as he opened the door and welcomed me in. This time we didn't sit at opposite couches, he sat down next to me. I unpacked my books and notepads. For a while we just read. But I couldn't concentrate at all. The words flew before my eyes yet my brain didn't pick up any knowledge. The only thing I could focus on was the heat from his knee next to mine. After what felt like an eternity, I finally got some material into my head. I wrote down some notes. 

My heart skipped a beat as Will's hand brushed against mine. Calm down, it was just a coincidence. But after it happened five more times, I was starting to get shaky. Every time his skin brushed against mine, it felt like a spark ignited inside me. I couldn't be the only one feeling the tension?

"You're not focusing at all." "What?", I blinked. "Ugh, sorry. I'm just really tired", I sighted. "I can't really focus right now." Will shrugged. "It's fine. It's Friday. Let's just watch a movie or something", he suggested. A movie? Even if I wasn't tired, I would be shocked. I was kinda ready to just go home. But Will turned on the TV and then we we're browsing movies on Netflix. 

"What do you wanna watch?", he asked. "Uh, anything's fine", I said. We settled on some romantic comedy where the main characters are enemies but have to work together and eventually they fall for each other. A couple minutes in, I felt my eyelids getting heavy. Will and I had somehow gotten even closer on the couch, and now my whole right side was tingling. 

I don't know how it happened, but I leaned closer to Will. He grabbed my chin and tilted my head towards him. The next thing I knew, his lips we're on mine. This time it was much softer. There was less desperation this time. He took his sweet time caressing my cheek. I leaned into the kiss and then we we're laying on the couch. He grabbed my waist and flipped us over. 

Will put his arms on each side of my body. I reached for his neck and dragged my hands through his blonde curls. Suddenly his thigh pressed between my legs and I gasped. He took the opportunity to slip his tongue into my mouth. I groaned as he deepened the kiss. My mind was foggy. All I could focus on was his body against mine. His lips against mine.