Chapter 17

Heyy everyone!!
How are you??

The image above is the engagement hall.

Enjoyy!!❤️
**************************************

Her mother came to take her downstairs at around 5:45. As soon as she entered the hall, the entry song played. Everyone was looking at her. She was getting nervous with so much attention. Devesh's Tika ceremony was done and now was the time for Bhavna's Godh ceremony.

It took about another 45 minutes and then the stage was cleared for the dance performances.

(This is Devesh and Bhavna's dress)

"You look breath-taking."

Devesh whispered in her ears.

"Thank you. Aap bhi achhe lag rhe hai."

(You look good too.)

Bhavna said blushing. Soon the dance performances started. The first performance was of a small girl from Bhavna's side who did the Ganesh Vandana.

Then Reyansh, Devesh's nephew danced on Bum Bum Bole and Chhota Bachha.

Next was Bhavna's sisters and brothers who danced on Jija ji and Behna songs.

Then the Singhania siblings danced on Aivayi Aivayi and Char baj gaye.

Then was Dhriti and Aanchal's performance. They danced on Shagun ki Ghaddiya and Pyara Bhaiya.

Bhavna's mother danced on Damad ji song. And Devesh's taiji and mother danced on Pyari bahurani song.

Next was Bhavna's performance. She danced on Mehandi hai rachne wali and Leja re.

Devesh danced on Mere naal aaja soniye and Maahi ve.

And the function endedwith their performance. They danced on the songs Mere sohneya and Tum hi ho.

They were lost in each other's eyes while dancing and were bought out of their trance by clapping sounds. Bhavna lowered her eyes and blushed.

Dhriti bought the rings and they made each other wear them. The family members threw flowers and them and hooted.

 The family members threw flowers and them and hooted

After the ring ceremony the photo session started. *the most tedious job in weddings* After a painful 2 hours of torture they were being taken to the dining table. They were made to sit together.

"Bhai, Bhabhi pehli bite aap dono ko ek dusre ko khilani padegi. Ye rule hai."

(Bhai, Bhabhi you have to make each other eat first. This is the rule.)

Dhriti said and Bhavna looked at her. How can she? There were so many people sitting there. She looked at Devesh as if pleading with her eyes.

"Ok. No problem. Its ok jaan. Yaha sab family hi na."

(Its family only.)

He said and whispered the last part to Bhavna and made her eat the first bite. She had it shyly and then slowly made him eat too. The dinner went by smoothly. They were sitting at their places waiting for the elders to finish when Bhavna yawned and leaned on Devesh's shoulder and he held her waist.

"Guys! No PDA."

Dhriti said teasingly and Devesh glared at her. She muttered a sorry sheepishly. He knew Bhavna was tired. Carrying such a heavy dress all evening is not easy. He rubbed her waist trying to ease her.

Her breath hitched and she clutched his hand on her waist. She looked up at him to see him smiling at her. She smiled back at him and he mouthed her and 'I love you'. She smiled and mouthed back an 'I love you too'.

Soon they were taken back to their rooms. Bhavna slept as soon as she hit the bed. She was damn tired.

**************************************

Next morning was the Haldi ceremony. Bhavna woke at 6 in the morning. First was the Tel Chadana rasam which took about 2 hours. Then was the Haldi rasam. Everyone was applying haldi on her arms, legs and a little on the face. Chhaya came and sat in front of her, took haldi in her hands and whispered to her.

"Its revenge time."

And she applied the haldi all over her face colouring her yellow.

"Chhaya!"

"Kya Chhaya? Tune bhi mere saath aisa hi kiya tha. Remember?"

(What Chhaya? You also did the same.)

Bhavna glared at her but then smiled.

Devesh's condition was no different. His siblings along with Advik had completely drenched him in haldi. Their haldi was held in different halls as they were not allowed to see each other.

After having a bath, Bhavna was again called downstairs for another short Puja. It took around half an hour and then she had her lunch and went to her room to sleep. She woke up after 3 hours when her mother asked her if she wanted to eat something and she denied. Chhaya went downstairs to have something and she was alone in her room when her phone rang. It was Devesh.

"Hii."

"Hii."

"Kya kar rhi ho?"

(What are you doing?)

"So kar uthi hu abhi."

(Just woke up.)

"Room mai ho?"

(You are in the room?)

"Hmm."

"Mai aa jaau? Subah se tumha dekha bhi nhi. Koi milne hi nhi de rha."

(Shall i come? I haven't seen you since morning. No one is letting me meet you.)

"Nhi. Aap yaha nhi aa skte. Aur milne isliye nhi de rhe kyunki allowed nhi h. Hum shaadi se pehle ek dusre se nhi mil skte."

(No. You can't come here. And they are not letting us neet because it's not allowed. We can't see each other before marriage.)

"This is not fair. Mujhse ab rha nhi jaa rha. Abhi shaadi kr lete hai na."

(I can't wait now. Let's get married right now.)

"Bachhe mat baniye Devesh. Do hi din toh bache hai shaadi mai."

(Don't be a child Devesh. Only two days are remaining for our marriage.)

"Ayee! Bachha mat bolo."

(Don't call me child.)

"Bachhe hi hai aap."

(You are a child.)

"I will show you how much of a man i am. Ruk jaao tum. Ek baar shaadi ho jaane do. Tumhari saari galat fehmi dur kar dunga."

(You just wait. Let the wedding happen. I will clear all your misunderstandings.)

Bhavna laughed at him. They talked for some more time and Bhavna disconnected when she heard Chhaya come inside.

Bhavna and Chhaya talked till night and then slept.
**************************************
THEY ARE ENGAGED!!❤️❤️

Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️