Chapter 18

Heyy everyone!

Here's your update.
Enjoyy!!❤️❤️
**************************************

The next day was Mehandi. Bhavna has had her breakfast and was now sitting with the Mehandi artists getting her hands and legs adorned. She had been sitting since 9am and it was 11 am now and only half of her legs were done.

"Yaar Chhaya mai thak gyi baithe baithe. Per sunn ho chuke hai mere."

(Chhaya i am tired. My legs have gone numb.)

"I know yaar. Mere saath bhi aisa hi hua tha. Abhi mehandi gili hai per hila bhi nhi skti."

(I know. It was the same with me. Henna is wet right now can't even move legs.)

A waiter came to them with drinks and they had water and some soft drinks. Ladies were dancing and singing traditional songs. Everyone was enjoying and getting their Mehandi done. After another 2 hours her legs were done and they decided to have their lunch.

After lunch she started to get her hands done. It was 5pm and her hands were half done when her mother came to her with some snacks and made her have them. She was getting tired now. Who knew getting Mehandi done could be this tiring.*sigh*

After about one and half hour she was finally done with her Mehandi but it was still wet. At around 8 it was finally dry but she could not remove it until next morning. It was a rasam.

She was sitting in her room when her parents entered with her food. She could see it in their eyes that they were emotional and thinking that tomorrow she will get married and go away from her parents bought tears to her eyes.

"Mujhe shaadi nhi krni mumma. Mujhe aap logo ko chhodke nhi jaana. Devesh nhi aa skte kya hamare saath?"

(I don't want to get married. I don't want to leave you. Can't Devesh come with us?)

Bhavna said while hugging her mother.

"Aisa nhi hota bachhe. You should be happy ki tujhe itni achhi family aur husband mil rha hai."

(It doesn't work this way dear. You should be happy you are getting such good family and husband.)

"Bahut pathar dil tha wo insaan jisne ye riwaaj banaya ki betiyan hi ghar chhodke jaayengi."

(Whoever created this norm that daughters have to leave their home was was stone-hearted.)

Her father said and hugged her tight. All three of them cried for some time. Then Bhavna lightened the atmosphere saying that she was hungry and opened her mouth doing 'Aaa'.

They made her eat her dinner and talked to her for some more time when Bhavna sent them saying that they should sleep as they were awake since early morning and its not good for their health. They kissed her forehead and went to their room.

Chhaya had still not come. 'Must be with Jiju' Bhavna thought when her phone rang.

"Hii."

He breathed as soon as she picked up.

"Hii."

She replied lowly.

"Kya kar rhi ho?"

(What are you doing?)

"Kuch nhi. Mumma papa gye hai abhi room se."

(Nothing. Mumma papa just went back from the room.)

"Hmm."

"Hmm."

"Bas ek din aur. Phir tum meri hamesha ke liye. Phir kahi nhi jaane dunga tumhe. Apni baahon mai rakhunga hamesha ke liye."

(Just one more day. And then you are mine forever. I won't eber let you go then. I will always keep you in my arms.)

"Hamesha ke liye."

(Always.)

Bhavna whispered.

"Hnn hamesha ke liye. I love you Bhavna."

(Yes always.)

He whispered to her.

"I love you too Devesh."

She whispered back.

"Aapko pta hai mai mumna se keh rhi thi ki mujhe shaadi nhi karni."

(You know i was telling mumma that i don't want to get married.)

"What?!!"

Bhavna giggled at his reaction.

"Kyu nhi karni? Kuch hua hai kya? Maine kuch galti ki? I am sorry yaar. Par aisa mat kro."

(Why not? Has something happened? Something i did? I am sorry. Please don't do this.)

She laughed at this.

"Nhi Devesh aapki koi galti nhi hai. Bas mai unhe chhodke nhi jaana chahti."

(No Devesh its not your fault. I just don't want to leave them.)

She said the last part after a sigh.

"Bhavna just understand one thing. Tumhe mai kya ghar mai koi bhi kabhi bhi maa papaji se milne se nhi rokega. Tumhara jab mann kre tum unse mil skti ho kisi se permission lene ki zarurat nhi. Okay?"

(No one at home,not even i will stop you from meeting your parents. You don't need anyone's permission to go and meet them.)

They had started calling each other's parents as Maa and Papaji.

"Hmm."

"Pagal ladki. Dara diya tha mujhe."

(Mad girl. You scared me.)

Bhavna giggled when she heard complaining. They talked for some time.

Bhavna slipped into slumber thinking about the next day. Her wedding day. The most beautiful day in any girl's life. The day she would be married to her love. The day from when she would be his and he will be hers. Forever.

**************************************

The next morning was a huge hustle bustle and why not it was the most awaited day. Various rituals were going on from both the sides. Bhavna now removed her Mehandi. Its colour was super dark. It was 5pm and Bhavna was ready sitting in her room when her mother entered. It was the time for her entry. She was getting very nervous.

"Mumma do you think mai sahi kar rhi hu. Ye sab jaldi nhi hai?"

(Do you think i am doing the right thing. Is it too early?)

"Nhi beta. Sab theek hai. Aur koi jaldi nhi hai. You love him right? Bas phir just close your eyes and think about him. Wo wait kr rha hai neeche tera. Chal."

(No dear. Everything is ok. And its not early. Just close your eyes and think about him. He is waiting for you downstairs. Come.)

Bhavna nodded and they went downstairs. Her brother held a Phulo ki Chaddar over her head as they escorted her towards the stage.
**************************************
How is the story so far?

Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️