Heights

{A/N}: Hey guys. So this oneshot technically belongs to @thecreativeangel on tumblr but it was a Eddie Kaspbrak from IT x reader so go follow him/her! 

Outfit:

 -Zoya out!

 -Zoya out!

(Y/N)'s P.O.V:

You sat on the edge of the shore, dangling your legs in the cool water of the sea. Some of the 7 including Reyna and Nico who were a while away, talking loudly, but you prefered your moments of peace. Focusing on the small ripples of water your toes made as droppets of water fell from them, the sun softly baking onto your shoulders, distant sounds of the dolphins diving into the-

"I am not short!"

"Sure Neeks, and Hazel's not going have a flashback in the next 20 years."

"Hey, leave me out of this!"

You sigh inwardly and stand up brushing the sand granuals of your legs and shorts as you walked back to where the 7 were sitting on picnic blankets. Nico was waving his hands around his head as Percy, Jason and Leo laughed. Even Frank and Hazel, Annabeth and Piper were cracking small grins of amusement. Reyna looked away to hide her smile.

You sat down on a black picnic blacket in between Hazel and Nico, raising an eyebrow at their joke.

"What's so funny?" You ask.

"They're saying I'm-I'm not short!" Nico rambles heatedly. "If anything you're all fucking giants! Is what you are. And anyway- Oh shut the fuck up laughing Leo!"

Leo threw his head back cackling while pretending to wipe his tears. "Oh Gods, your face-"

"I think your the perfect size Neeks," You say passively hoping no one caught your subtle compliment. But of course there was Leo. . .

"Ha! I bet you know his size don't you (Y/N)?" He says wiggling his eyebrows slyly.

"Argh!" You cry going red in the face making Percy and Jason laugh their butts off. "No! Jesus Leo that was worse than what I'd actually thought you'd say!"

Nico crosses his arms and pouts like a child. "I'm not short!"

"Fine." Leo sighs, supposedly admitting defeat. Nico's face relieved a bit, but yours turns sour. You knew damn well Leo wouldn't give up. There was a pause. . . 

"You're not short Neeks, you're down right petite!"

"Dammit!" Nico cries, reaching out to grab Leo by the throat. You shove yourself between them, keeping Nico at a distance where he couldn't strangle Leo. Nico huffs and lowers his arms, pointedly staring at the ground.

"Connor said I'm short too." He mumbles, kicking a pebble with more anger than you have ever seen anyone kick a pebble with. You catch Leo's eye and send him a dirty look, silently telling him to fuck off.

"'You live on your tippy toes,'" Nico mimics, faking Connor's voice, stupid expression and making gorilla arms. "'Bet any girl would have to lay down to suck your dick. If you have one.'"

Percy, Annabeth, Jason and Piper, Frank and Hazel all shove their fists into their mouths to keep from laughing. You glare at them again.

"I think you're well sized," You say, patting him on the back. "You can hide behind tons of shit, escape the cops, squeeze through jail bars, the perfect height to cuddle, tons of legroom in-"

"Wait, HOLD ON," Piper shouts, jumping off her log. "Did I just hear you say-"

"What? No." You deny, realising your slip up.

"-that Nico was the perfect height-"

"No! No, no, no, no..."

"-to cuddle?"

"No I didn't!"

Her shit eating grin was growing wider and wider by the second.

"I heard it too!" Leo speaks up. "Right guys?"

You look at the rest of the seven with desperation in your eyes, but they all wore teasing expressions. "I'm pretty sure that's what you said." Frank pipes up.

"Ditto." Percy says.

"Maybe you should say it again," Jason says. "To clear things up."

You looks towards Reyna, who was usually on your side. She shrugged and smiled guiltily. "Sorry (Y/N). . ."

"I hate you all." You announce, slumping lower on the log and inching away from Nico. You couldn't make yourself look him in the face.

"I'm planning the marriage!" Piper yells.

"I call dibs on best man!"

"I wanna be the bridesmaid!"

"You're not a girl Leo."

"Aww hell naw, you're jealous that I'm gonna be a better bridesmaid than you!"

"Fuck off  Leo!"

Your face felt hot as you watched your friends get off their logs to have a full on fight about who would be who at your wedding. You pinched the bridge of your nose and shook your head, but secretly enjoyed watching them banter.

"I think you're the perfect height to cuddle too." Nico whispers from the corner of his mouth, careful so the seven wouldn't hear him. Your pouty lips turn up in a small smile that couldn't be contained. You were a little bit suprised of course.

"Thanks." You whisper back. His hand moves, skimming across the bumpy bark of the log. You feel his fingertips touch yours and your own hand inches toward his, tentatively lacing your fingers in his.

Your chest is tight but at the same time feels like exploding, bursting into millions of colorful fireworks. Nico moves closer to you and the fireworks erupt along with your heartbeat, your reserved smile becoming so wide it hurt your cheeks.

You watched peacefully as Piper and Hazel bickered over vanilla or chocolate cake and glanced at Nico, catching his eye. Him and you quickly looked away, the red spreading on both your cheeks. The summer day was perfect for spending time near the water. Birds sang, fish came up from their depths, frogs lazily swam through the lake. The tranquil scene was almost enough to distract from the loud voices of your arguing friends. As one bird stopped chirping and another one started, and the fish went back into the depths, and the frogs darted under a rock, and the seven settles down on their logs, one thing stayed the same.

Your hand was still entwined in Nico's.

+++++++++++++++++

Song: Haiya Ho

Movie: Marjaavaan