Chapter 41

Jacob's P.O.V 

I stood at the entrance of the pack house, watching the car go off into the distance in the direction of her mate's pack. It was hard watching her go but I had to. If I didn't I would never forgive myself. I've always tried to be more open-minded to people's decisions and reasoning but when she told me that she wanted to see her mate, I didn't think. I didn't want to understand. All I wanted was for her to stay here with me and not even mention her mate's name. I wanted her to myself and I know that makes me selfish but it's true. That's how I feel. I don't know when my feelings for her got stronger but they did. I never want to be away from her because if I do I can't think straight.

I managed to finish the work from this morning when my father left but then new work just filed up and I honestly am not up for that. I just want to be with her. 

Sigh...

But, thanks to my dad I was forced to think about things from Ellie's perspective. I now understand why she has to go. I understand and I don't like it but it's no place to say otherwise. Trying to keep her away from her mate was wrong and out of line. If it was Ashley then I know that I would have acted a lot worse than she did. Also, even if I declined her request to leave the pack, she can always ask my father as long as he is on pack grounds. Yes, I may be stronger than him now but he is still an Alpha of this pack which therefore gives him the right to accept and banish any pack member. Of course, I would have to agree to it before he does but he can. 

It was better and easier if I accept her request to leave the pack. That way we wouldn't be putting so much energy into fighting one another instead of focusing on Kyle. Ellie's sister has told us some information that I sent trackers out to investigate this morning. Christian is monitoring the activities and will keep me updated. 

Sighing again I began to return into the pack house to my office to finish up some paperwork on my desk but stopped when I came into contact with that guy Ellie was sparring with on my second day of training with her. Mike, I believe his name was. "Alpha," he said as he bowed his head in respect. I gave him a curt nod and attempt to walk away but he had other plans. "Forgive me for the intrusion but what is your connection to Ellie?" he asked me and I raised an eyebrow at him in questioning. "Excuse me," I said as I placed my hands in my pockets. 

"I notice that you and she have been spending a lot of time together," he explained. "Whatever Ellie and I talk about is none of your business," I replied to him in a cold tone. I didn't like the way he was meddling in my and Ellie's business. Even if they are friends. He showed his hands in surrender. "I meant no disrespect Alpha. She's my best friend and I am just trying to look out for her. She's been through enough as it is," He replied and my facial expression soften slightly. 

He was just looking out for a friend who's already been hurt by her mate. I can tolerate that. "I'm sorry if I came off as rude for being in your business," he added and I can tell that he was telling the truth but if I'm being honest I still don't feel like telling him anything. "Excuse me I have a lot of work to do," I didn't give him a chance to reply. I walked in the direction of my original destination, my office. 

When I got up to my office I realized that Christian was there sitting on the couch just away from the large glass window, right to my table. I checked my watch on my left wrist to check the time. Didn't he leave this morning for the report? "That was fast. Did you get a report?" I asked as I walked around my desk and sat down in my chair. "No. The trackers will get back to me in an hour to give any updates about their whereabouts. The last time I checked they were 30 minutes out from their target," he said as he got up from the couch and sat in the chair in front of my desk. I nod my head at him. "And what about Alice?"