Chapter 20

Ellie's P.O.V

I've always preferred to do things on my own. That way everything gets done my way and faster. It's not like I don't have people who are willing to help me, I do. I just prefer to do things myself. I run around the pack borders myself, I sometimes train by myself, I train a group of warriors myself. Everything's routine and time as expected. But what I didn't expect on my morning run was the company. Jacob's company to be exact. After 5 minutes of running, I sensed that someone was approaching me at a fast rate. I wanted to stop to see who it was but I caught their scent and I realized that it was Jacob.

I didn't stop and didn't question it either. I didn't even tell him I wanted to be alone because I know that he'll just come anyway. So I decided on doing the opposite of what I always do and enjoy myself. When I'm around Jacob I feel this aura of security. I feel safe, joyful, and childish something. I feel safe to be me. Of course, Jacob along with a few other people are the only ones who get to see this side of me, for now anyway.

We stopped at a clearing just a few miles away from the waterfalls. We've taken the original route around the pack and have no shortcuts. "Well this is the way to start the morning," Jacob said a few seconds after we stopped with a small smile displayed on his lips which I returned. "If you want a way to start the morning then.." I trailed off as I took a few steps toward him. He narrowed his eyebrows at me but the smile stayed.

When I was close enough, "think fast," I said to him and was about to knee him in the stomach but he blocked my attack. "Really? This early?" He asked as he took a few steps back. "It's never too early for a little hand-to-hand combat," I smirked and got into a fighting stance and so did he. "Now let's see what you've learned,"

I was never the one to make the first move but I'll make an exception this time as I lunge towards Jacob and he easily dodged my attack. I was about to punch him in the face and he caught my hand but didn't see my fist making its way to his ribs as I punched him there. He didn't stumble back like I expected him to. He stood his ground a fought back. Next thing I knew my arm was pinned behind my back. "Are you trying to bruise my handsome face to postpone our date?" He whispered playfully in my ear as he pressed against my back.

I rolled my eyes before I elbowed him in the stomach, reached back to wrap to arm around his neck, and with my werewolf strength I pulled him over my shoulder and he fell to the ground with a hard 'thud' "Why of course not," I said as I pant. Fighting an Alpha is exhausting. He caught me off guard when he attacked my footing and I landed on the ground. He moved on top of me when I tried to get up. "I beg to differ "

I flipped us over so that I was on top pinning him down then smiled at him. "You? Begging? That's a sight for sore eyes,"

He flipped us again and this time he pinned my arms above my head with one hand. "It's a proverb," he said to me. "Well obviously,"

He narrowed his eyebrows again as he asked, "Are you being smart with me Ellie?" he asked but it didn't sound like a question though. "Are you saying I'm not smart?" I avoided the question. Instead of answering my question, he did something unexpected. Something that not even Uncle Ted has done for years. He tickled me. He tickled my side near my rib cage. I raised an eyebrow at him and he narrowed his eyebrows again for the millionth time today wondering why I'm not laughing. "How are you not ticklish?" he asked in disbelief. 

I tilted my head to the side before I answered, "I am the greatest female warrior in werewolf history I don't get-..." I was cut off by a fit of laughter as Jacob tickled my side near my stomach. "What were you saying?" He asked as if he doesn't know what I'm talking about. "(Laughter) stop it (laughter) please (laughter)," he finally stopped leaving me to catch my breath. "Your ticklish," he said with a proud smile on his face. I rolled my eyes and he got off me. "No shit sherlock"