Chapter 45

Ellie's P.O.V

*Flashback*

"We're in the fight of our lives aren't we?" I asked her although I already knew the answer. 

"It will be the fight of the century," she replied by saying and I leaned into Jacob even more. "The pack is ready to face Kyle but this destroyer of worlds, how do you know it's coming?" Jacob asked her. 

"Can't you feel it? You're a child of the moon, nature is your territory and there has been a sudden shift. An imbalance that leaves you uneasy," 

"What can you tell us about it though?" Not concerned with the fact that something dangerous is approaching the pack borders but how we can defeat it. "That you've faced it before and you can do it again. Only this time...you get rid of it for good," her statement left me confused. We have never faced an enemy this dire. You're probably wondering why we're even listening to Miranda right now about a danger she has no proof of. That's because everyone knows that it would be foolish to ignore a warning from a witch. They can sense danger from miles away which is why every pack has one. 

"What are you talking about? We've never faced a threat this big," 

"Not the pack, you Ellie and with the right motivation you and your sister can beat it,"

"How do you know about my sister?" 

"Concern yourself not with what I know but what I can offer," she snapped. 

"Which is what exactly?" Jacob asked her

"My services," both Jacob and I raised our eyebrows in surprise. I don't know the reason why Miranda stayed away from the pack for so long but now that she's offering her help just seems strange. 

"Why?" I asked her, voicing my unsureness. "Because whatever is coming scares me and I don't scare easily," I still thought it was strange but unfortunately we didn't have enough time to question her motives. The wind started to pick up again and this time it wasn't Miranda. I then shift what she mentioned earlier, and  I could feel it. Something is coming. I looked at Jacob to see if he felt the same thing and just by the look in his eyes I could tell that he did. "How much time do we have?" he asked. 

"You only have a day to prepare," she responded. 

"Then we better get ready," 

*End of Flashback* 

"Ok so here's what we know," Jacob said as he placed a map on the large table of the planning room on the second floor of the pack house. After last night, Jacob thought it would be best to have everyone here early the next day to inform them of what we learned from Miranda. Once we did that Jacob came up with a plan. 

"Miranda doesn't know exactly where the fight will take place but she described the area as a large clearing near the pack house," 

"Well, that doesn't help. There's a lot of clearing near the pack house," Carl says, stating the obvious. Everyone goes through different stages when they turn and sometimes at different ages. When a teenager is shifting for the first time, their parent or guardian takes them to a large space where they won't hurt anyone and most importantly themselves. We have the clearings so it could be a place where our wolves feel at home and more with nature. That way they don't lash out before the human in them takes control. 

"True but she also said that in this clearing there is a distinct specie of a purple flower that grows on that field which doesn't help a lot but then the key word here is 'distinct' which got me thinking. One of the clearings that we have is surrounded by a certain type of purple flower that is said to weaken a werewolf," he said as you started clearing the closest clearings to the pack house before putting an 'X' at the center of one of the circle just south of pack house. "Wolfsbane" he finished.