Chapter 15

Jacob's P.O.V

I started walking slowly out of the pack house after that talk with Ellie. She thinks that I can't handle it. She's wrong. I've killed before. When I was unstable that has to count right?

'No it does not,' my wolf Angus said in my head.

'How could it not' I asked him.

'Because that was me. You were heartbroken and I was unstable remember? That gave me the strength to push through the mental barriers you put in and take control. Ring any bells?'

'So... she's just protecting me?.....just like what you did,' I said in a soft voice. 'Thank you, Angus. I didn't know I said to him in a genuine voice. 'You're welcome ' he replied.

I closed the mind link with him as I approach a group of warriors in training. I stopped to observe, suddenly curious about their fighting style. The buff guy takes down the slim figure one easily. When the buff guy turned his back the slim one attacked him from behind and pinned him to the ground just as easily.

"Never take your eyes off of your opponent," he said as he let go of him. He turned to face me and he bowed his head in respect. Even though I keep telling them not to they wouldn't listen to me. I know I'm from an Alpha bloodline but I feel like I have to prove to my people and most importantly to myself that I am worthy of being their leader. Not just because I'm an Alpha's son but because they see that I am willing to put my life on the line just for them and not be selfish.

"Would you like to join us Alpha...I mean Jacob?" He asked and I was taken aback by what he asked. I guess they caught onto my surprised face and they all smiled. He turned to everyone. "Hey everyone. We have a special visitor today. Jacob Samuels himself will be joining us in training," he said with a smile on his face when everyone gathered around. Some smiled, some were confused and the rest was terrified.

Probably thinking that I would beat them. No need to warrior about that my warriors. I should be the one who's worried, I thought to myself.

"No that's ok. I'll just watch," I said but this guy wasn't having it. "Nonsense, Jacob. Please join us. Who knows maybe we can teach you something or two," he said and guided me toward the group.

Ellie's P.O.V

"Well," Alpha Brian said, waiting for me to answer his question. Uncle Ted stepped in a few minutes ago since Alpha Brian and Luna Audrey failed to get the information they need out of me. "Ellie," Uncle Ted called to me and I turned to him. "All you have to do is tell us why were you off the territory. That's all we're asking for now," Uncle Ted asked this time. He was still trying to get me to tell him where I was for the past 10 minutes no and I kept giving him the same answer. If I was a regular wolf and not close to them I would've been in a cell right now or banished from the pack.

"Yeah, I know Uncle Ted. And I know that I tell you guys anything and everything...but this is just something I can't share with you. Especially at a time like this. I'm not only doing this for me, I'm doing this for my pack," I said to him. "But what? What are you doing for the pack?" He pressed. I stayed silent because he knows as well as I did that I explode when you were on my last nerve.

"Do you trust us, Ellie?" Uncle Ted asked. "Yes, " I answered him. "Then tell us," he said in a deadly voice. I gulped visibly.  Uncle Ted can be quite scary when he's ready, and when he is you don't want to be in the same room as him just like Alpha Brian but he can control his anger.

'You can tell them, Ellie,' Lizzy said in my head. 'but Lizzy you know why I don't want to,'
'and I'm telling you- you have to. You can't keep them in the dark about this Ellie, ' she said and I release a heavy sigh. 'OK, ' I said and closed off the mind link between us.