Chapter 8

Ellie's P.O.V

Mike and I are fighting for an hour and a half which is so over my usual time but I'm ok with it. And I don't think any one of us is going to give up anytime soon though. We both can be very competitive. I lost my footing and he used that advantage to slam me to the ground hard and I grunt in pain. "Give up," he said as he walked towards me to get on top of me to keep me down. But once he tried I pulled my knees back to my chest and my foot on his chest as I used my strength to push him. He stumbled back enough for me to jump back onto my feet.

I bounced on the spot a bit before I got in a fighting stance again. He steadied himself before lunging towards me. I dodge his attacks but I still got a few punches and when I took a few steps back he came again in an attempt to lunge at me again but I was faster than him. I blocked his hand and punched him in the face. He stumbled back and I jumped to kick his chest with my two feet.

He fell to the ground. "Giving up already?" I teased him. He got back up easily. "Please, like you can beat me in combat," he said and I smirked. "You'd be surprised," I said to him and he smirked. I narrowed my eyes in confusion. What did he have planned? Suddenly he took off his shirt and throw it aside. Displaying his well-built body in all his glory in his sweatpants. 

"You sure bout that?" He said and he smiled. Does he ever get tired of smiling? "Do you think that your body can distract me?" I asked him and he shrugged his shoulder. "Only one way to find out," he said as he got back into a fighting stance. "Well then, it's only fair that I even the playing field," I said and it was his turn to narrow his eyes in confusion. I took off my tank top and throw it aside leaving me in my sports bra and leggings.

I looked back at Mike and saw that he was looking at my body. That's right he's not the only one who has abs. I smirked at his reaction. I got back in my fighting stance. "Now, where were we," I said and I attacked him. He manages to dodge my attack just barely.

We attack each other and dodge each other moves easily but in the end, I side-kick him at the back of his knees, his weak area, and he kneels my knees land on his back to push him down and I pulled his arm behind him. When he tried to flip us I pulled his arm further. He grunts in pain. "Give up," I said and he stayed quiet. I pulled his arm and he grunt again. "What was that?" I asked.

"Fine I give up," he said and I came off him. I sat on the ground and he just rolled on his back. "You've improved," he stated and I smiled at him. "I haven't I," I said to him with a childish smile on full display. He rolled his eyes and sat up with his knees to his chest and his hands on them while I was sitting Indian style.

"You changed so much," he said as he looked at me. "Yea that's what happens when you are away for five years," I said as I looked at him for a while. The smile on my face has not yet been erased. I looked back down. He always makes me smile, no matter the situation. He's the only one I know who's accomplished this. "You, however, haven't changed a bit though," I said and he throws me his dashing smile. "I know, just the way you like it," he teased as he nudged me on the shoulder and I laughed. "Don't pretend you don't," he added and I lift my head and look straight ahead.

"So... did you at least find your mate while you were away?" I asked him as my eyes came into contact with his but he bowed his head. "It's ok if you don't wanna talk about it," I added. "It's ok and no I haven't found my mate yet," he said he looked back up at me and forced a smile on his face. "I don't even think I have a mate," he laughed though it had no humor. 

I looked ahead and sigh then looked back at him. "That's just silly, Mike and you know it. I don't know what to tell you, especially since I haven't been very good in the whole mate department. But what I can tell you is that you shouldn't give up on your mate. Just because you haven't found her yet doesn't mean she's not out there somewhere waiting for you or even searching for you. Don't lose hope and don't even think about giving up. And when you find her she would be the luckiest girl on earth to have a mate like you," I said to him honestly. No girl in their right mind would ever reject Mike. He's like prince charming out of a fairytale. He's just too good to be true. "How do you know she would accept me?" He asked as his eyes met mine. I shrugged my shoulders before replying. "Because I would," I said to him as I held his gaze. His lips parted like he wanted to say something but didn't.

He put his hand on my cheek as he scan my face and smiled. "Thanks, Ellie," he said and I reached for his hand which was on my cheek, and squeezed it. "That's what friends are for," I said to him and smiled. "You know, for someone who was - forgive for saying these words - rejected by her mate...you give pretty good advice to the ones who fear their mate will reject them," he said and I pushed his shoulder playfully. He laughed and so did I.

"That's because I don't want people to go through the pain and I did," I said to him. "Awe how thoughtful," he joked and we laughed and that's when we heard someone clear their throat. We both looked in the direction where it came from and saw Jacob. What is he doing here?

We both stand up. "Jacob," I said but he didn't pay attention to me. His eyes cased down and I l followed his gaze and saw that he was looking at Mike and I's hands which were intertwined with each other. I let go of Mike's hand immediately and he looked up and glared at Mike. "May I help you, Jacob?" I asked to get his attention on me and it worked. He looked at me like I have two heads. What did I do?

"Yes, actually we were supposed to meet up after your training to do that thing remember," he said to me and I narrowed my eyes in confusion and then I realized what he was talking about. Oh my God, I missed the training.

"Oh yes, I'm sorry I forgot," I said to him. "Clearly," he said and I turned to Mike. "Mike, can you give me a minute?" I asked and he nod his head and walked to the other side of the field. I walked up to Jacob and that's when I realized Alec standing behind him. "Alec give us a minute," he said to Alec and he nodded then walked away. "I'm sorry I missed the training - " I started but was cut off by him. "You could've told me. I waited 45 minutes in the woods for you but you never came. I was in my father's office when I saw you down here and I thought you were still training but Ted told me that your training time was up 30 minutes ago. You could've told me that you'd be busy," he said and raised his voice a bit. "I didn't know he would be here today and I wasn't planning on staying long. I just lost track of time," I said which was true.

"Do you even want to help me? Because if you don't want to I can do this myself. Just tell me now," he said to me.

"How about we just train now? I still have time," I said and he sigh but he nodded. I walked back to Mike and told him that I will be busy for a while but I'll see him around. He asked questions yes I told him that I can't talk about it and he trusts me. He knows I'll tell him in my own time. He hugged me before he left. I turned around to see that Jacob was already glaring holes at Mike but then he looked at me with soft eyes.

"Why are you glaring?" I asked him finally. 

"Nothing," he replied.

I walked back over to Alec. "It's ok Alec I'll take it from here. You can have him back in the next hour," I said to him and nodded. He left after that and I motioned to Jacob that we'll be training in the woods, the same place. He walked next to me.

***********************************
Please leave a comment and a vote if you like my story so far.
Stay tuned for my next chapter.

Izzy