Chapter 5

Ellie's P.O.V

It's now 4:30 in the morning and I'm in the forest doing my morning run and thinking at the same time. About Lizzy.

What kind of deal can I offer her in exchange to help Lizzy?

I'm on my way to Miranda, the witch, house which is on the other side of the pack's borders. I've been running for an hour and a half. Yeah, the pack is that large. But if I was in my wolf form it would be less time to waste but I didn't want to bother Lizzy. She needs her rest and all her strength.

I arrived at Miranda's house 5 minutes later but I stood outside. I was examining her house. It was a nice little cottage but I wonder why she preferred to live out here. With no neighbors deep into the forest. I'm not scared of Miranda, why would I be? This is my first time coming to her for help.

I've heard rumors about her though. She's an old lady that lived deep in the woods with no family or neighbors. She loves the quietness of the woods and is somewhat drawn to it. Well, what else can you expect from a witch? They're drawn to the natural elements of the earth. They were no rumors about who she is anyways. She always kept to herself and no one has been in contact with her. But everyone knows the behavior of witches. They weren't to be trusted, not even the slightest. They manipulate people into doing their bidding for them. Whenever you are in negotiation with one, be extremely cautious. I'm surprised Alpha Brian let her into his pack. Everything in the rumor should tell me to stay away from this place but yet here I am. Just a few steps away from the foot.  

I walked up to the door and knocked on it but it opened on its own before I even touch it. Cautiously, I pushed the door open further and took a step inside the house. 

"Hello," I said as I walked inside the door shut by itself and the lights came on. It's a cozy home and it looks inviting.  An old lady sat down on a couch in what I believe was the living room. "Hello, Ellie. I was expecting you," she said with a smile that will freak you out but as I said wasn't afraid of her and she doesn't look like someone to be afraid of.

"I'm guessing your Miranda?" I asked and she nodded her head. "Please have a seat," she insist and I did as told. "Would you like some tea," she asked and I was ready to decline but a cup of tea was already in front of me so I just thanked her.

"I'm sorry but I don't have much time," I stared off but she interrupted me. "Of course. You have a wolf to save and a training session with an Alpha to attend to," she said. I'm not surprised that she knows why I'm here. Part of the rumor is to expect that she already knows what you want. Guess that part was true. 

"I just want to save her. That's why I came here. I wanna make a deal," I said and I know I sound desperate right now but I don't care. "Easy now child. Making a deal with a witch is not an easy thing. It will cost you," she warned me.

"Whatever it is I'll do it," I said to her, and a cold expression crossed her face. "Very well but I can't do that without my staff. About a thousand years ago a warlock called Iron Fist took my staff away from me. I try to fight him off but he was too strong. What your asking for will require an immense amount of magic and I can't do that without my staff," she said and I lower my head. "Iron Fist? Miranda, I can't beat him. Not only is he one of the greatest warlocks in history...But he's a great swordsman and a pretty damn good fighter. He's more experienced that me by a century. I can't beat him," I practically yelled. How does she expect me to fight Iron Fist? There is a reason why he's called that.

"Don't doubt yourself, child. You are more than capable to do this. You are also the greatest warrior in werewolf history," she said attempting to convince me. "Just because I won a competition doesn't mean I'm the best," I said softly. "Ellie I know it's a very dangerous thing that I'm asking you right now but so is helping your wolf. I wouldn't be asking you to do this if I didn't think you could,"