Chapter 48

Third Person P.O.V 

"I want to thank you all for being here today. Thank you for your bravery, your courage, and your devotion to this pack. I will not lie to you. This will be the toughest battle we've faced as a pack but sadly the end result will be the same, not all of us will make it back. Not all of us will see our families at the end of today. So watch each other's back out there. Stay united and we will be victorious!" the warriors cheered hearing their Alpha's small speech before the battle. "Let's put an end to this threat once and for all!" he ended and the pack started chanting "hurrah, hurrah" before taking their place on the battlefield. Where it all goes down. 

Lisa made her way to the team of doctors that will be on the scene safely guarded behind the trees. They will be using natural herbs from the forest to help an injured wolf. Although sciences have their benefits in the hospital, they couldn't exactly bring the entire hospital with them. Natural herbs have healing abilities that can help werewolves in a fight. 

After speaking with his elected officials, Alpha Jacob made his way to Ellie one last time. They had a moment of silence together where he kissed her forehead and she rest her head against his chest before wrapping herself around him and vice verse. Not a moment too soon, Lisa joined, and the three spoke. 

In the lonely corner was Miranda, the pack witch. On many occasions, Miranda would refuse to join a fight but this battle was different. This battle would require the power of a witch. In fact, it requires the power of 10 witches but no other witch would come to their aid. Sensing something different, every other witch had decided to flee to some place far far away, and out of reach where no one but a witch can find. Miranda decided to stay and help for reasons that are unknown but will be revealed sooner or later. 

"They're here," she said in a whisper but every werewolf heard, and immediately they stood in their battle armor. Some in their werewolf form, others in their human form. Sword ready for the signal of their Alpha. 

At first, there was nothing. Nothing but the sound of their quiet breath and the gentle breeze that suddenly pass by. Seconds turned into a minute. A minute turned into 5 but still, the werewolves held their positions. They refused to waive. Refuse to give them the element of surprise. At first, there was nothing, then there was something. 

One by one, little by little, rogues came out of the woods and approached the clearing. Kyle, their leader stood at the very front with his witch at his very side. Miranda gasped at the sight of an old friend of hers on the other side of history but didn't move to protest or demand an explanation. Death was her penalty. 

"I see we lost the element of surprise," Kyle said as he stopped just a few feet away from the Midnight Moon pack. "Should've known you would betray us," he spat as he pointed an accusing finger at Lisa. 

"This ends now Kyle," Jacob said as he took two steps forward. 

"Indeed it does Jacob," he glared at him. "Prepare to meet your end," he smiled, as if the whole ordeal is a joke but he shouted "Attack!" at the command, rogue charged at the warriors and without hesitation, the pack responded to the threat. 

This was the battle of a century. Yes, Jacob's pack easily outnumbered the rogues but the number of warriors in the battle was equal. Some had to stay behind to protect the remaining pack members but that didn't stop them from fighting twice as hard, twice as brutal. Both sides were relentless. Both sides wanted this to be a quick and done battle but little did they know that they were in for the fight of their lives. Rogues, not fighting to avenge Kyle's sister, could care less. They're fighting for territory, for a foot in the door. A place where they can sleep for the rest of their lives and be unbothered by the world and the neighboring packs that are always out to get them. A place where they could run wild and be as chaotic as they can be with no disturbance whatsoever.