Chapter 25

Jacob's P.O.V

I was on my way back to Ellie by this time. Running around the pack with my newfound Alpha powers is amazing. I'm going much faster than I've ever been before. The feeling of the wind brushing even faster on my face was overwhelming at first but soon became comforting, I could hear everything around me from the shaking of the trees to the running water of the river nearby. I feel like my feet don't even touch the ground. I made my way to the waterfall and I arrived there in less than 5 minutes. I couldn't wait to tell Ellie about this. We should take a run around the pack borders tomorrow. 

But when I got to the waterfall Ellie was not there. Where is she? Was I gone for that long? No, I don't think so. Maybe she had to go to the pack house for something. I opened my mind link with her and just when I was about to speak I heard her say, "Jacob." But she sounded weak. She sounded drained. "Ellie," I said back to her and it took a while for her to reply. "Help me," was the last thing she said before the mind link got cut off. "Ellie?" I said again but there was no reply. I didn't wait around for her to reply again. I used my werewolf sense of smell to catch her scent. Lucky for me I'm a very good tracker and hunter. I locked unto her scent and ran in that direction. 

I ran as fast as I could. Jumping over fallen down logs, dodging tree branches when necessary, and such. I was getting close, I could tell as the scent got stronger but as I got closer I started to smell blood. I became worried after that and I pushed myself to go faster then I realized that I was approaching the northern borders. I saw the smoke before I saw the fire.

No

Once I arrived at the Northern borders I stopped in my tracks at the sight. The trees were on fire, a giant circle of burnt grass was in the center of the clearing and I could smell blood everywhere. One of a rogue and one of Ellie's. Rogues were on my territory and I didn't know. 

 What the hell happened here? Where's Ellie?

 "Ellie!" I shouted her name hoping to hear some kind of response but got none. "Ellie!" I walked around the clearing calling her name in worry. What if something happened to her when I left? Her blood is everywhere. She was here. What if...No I shouldn't be thinking negatively? "Ellie!" I called her name again praying to the moon goddess that she would reply to me this time. "I'm right here," I heard her voice say weakly. I turned around to face the source of the voice and was met with the most horrific sight ever. Ellie was pressed against a tree with a piece of pipe in her lower abdomen with blood all over her. 

"Ellie! Oh my God," I said as I ran to her. Once I got to her, I saw how pale she was and her eyes were barely open. "What t-took you so long?" she tried to laugh but that seems too painful for her as she winced in pain. "I'm sorry," I told her as I removed a piece of hair from her face. "I'm gonna get you out of here, OK? Just hang on," I said as I held onto the pipe in her abdomen. "This is gonna hurt a lot," I said to her and she shook her head at me. She held onto my shoulder as tightly as she could before I took a deep breath and pulled the pipe out. She screamed then fell in my arms. I didn't have time to fantasize about her in my arms. I quickly took off my shirt and pressed it against her wound to stop the now rapid bleeding. "We've got to get you to the pack hospital. Come on," I said to her as I lift her bride-ly style while she pressed my shirt to her abdomen. I know it's gonna be painful while I run with her because she lost a lot of blood but I hope she can hang.

"Just hang on OK?" I told her before I started running. I mind-linked the pack doctor Jake to meet me at the pack hospital doors in 2 minutes with his team and he did without question. I thank the Goddess above that we weren't so far away from the pack. I also mind link Christian about the patrol team that wasn't at the Northern Borders and told him to investigate and told Ted, Mariah, Mom, and Dad to meet me at the hospital. When I got to the hospital everyone was there. Once they saw Ellie in my hands and is in pretty bad shape they got out of the way so I could put her down on the stretcher. 

"What happened to her?" the doctor asked me as we ran down the hallway to get to a room while the rest of the team tried to access the wound. "The was an attack! That's all I know, now help her," I shouted to him for asking me the most ridiculous question right now. "Yes Alpha," He replied as they went through the room doors. I wasn't allowed to go in and even with much protest and complaint I eventually listened to them. I became angry with whoever did this to Ellie. 

I'm gonna find the bastard

Once I got back to the front of the hospital everyone was waiting on me. The first one that asked anything was Dr. Mariah. "What happened to my baby girl?" the tears already forming in her eyes. "I don't know what happened exactly. All I know is that there was an attack and Ellie was there when it happened," I said to her and she started to cry. Ted came up to her and she cried in his chest. "Do you have any idea of who attacked?" Ted asked me. I can see the anger in his eyes as well. 

"More importantly, why wasn't anyone informed?" My dad asked this time. "I don't know but I planned on finding out, "I replied to him. "Where did this attack take place?"

"The Northern Borders," 

"It was three rogues," Christian said as he came up to us. "What?" Ted asked. "Ellie's mind linked me that she smell rogues on the territory before the attack so she went to check it out," he started by saying. "But she didn't need to. If it was at the Northern border, the northern patrol should've handled it," my mom said to Christian. "There were no patrols when I got there," I said and everyone looked at me in confusion. "Just be glad that Ellie went to check it out otherwise what they did to our Enforcer could've been a whole lot worst if they got loose on the pack. Ellie told me that they're was no patrol at the borders so I went to investigate and found out who is to be on patrol tonight and they were all at the party tonight," Christian explained to us. I stepped forward to face him. "Who are they?" I asked him in a serious tone. 

"Calm down son we'll handle that later. Did you get another patrol team to patrol the northern border?" my father asked Christian. "Yes I did and I got the Carl (gamma) to get the entire patrol team that was on duty in your office, Jacob," I nod my head at him. I stood beside Christian and turned towards the group. "All of you stay here with Ellie. Christian and I will handle this," I said to them before walking off with Christian. "Son," my dad called out and I stopped in my tracks and then face him. "Control your anger," he said to me before I walked out of the hospital with Christian. 

*****************************************************

Don't forget to vote

You can also leave a comment if you like the story so far or even give an opinion. 

XOXO

Izzy