Chapter 21

Ellie's P.O.V

I sigh for the hundredth time today as I looked into the mirror to look at myself. I've just finished taking a 30 minutes shower to kill some time since I had an hour left. To say I was excited was an understatement, I was thrilled, ecstatic I am ... so excited that I can't even find the correct word to describe what I'm feeling right now. With a smile on my face, I walked into my bedroom and stood in front of the box that was still in the same position as I left it on the bed.

Slowly I made my way to open the box and once it was opened I was amazed by what I saw. "Aunt Martha's got style, even if it was just black and white," I said to myself and made my way back to the bathroom. I already had on my undergarments my skin was already moisturized so I put on the outfit. Black leather pants with a little strike of white here and there, a plain black long-sleeve blouse with a stylish black, white, and gold jacket, and black boots.

The best part about this outfit is that it's black and it's comfy.

I ran the brush threw my hair a few times and add some makeup that matches the outfit and lip gloss. Not glossy. 

What?  It's a special day and I wanna look good for it.

I closed the jacket before I made my way back into my bedroom to look at myself in the full-length mirror. I go to admit that the outfit does bring out my curves and everything and with the makeup, it gave a badass look. Just when I thought I was ready I began making my way to the door and that's when I felt someone tried to contact me through the pack mind link and then I started getting worried as I thought that there was another attack somewhere.

"Hey, I heard that the leaders are stepping down today," I release a breath of relief as I realized that it was just Mike. "Yeah, today's the day," I answered simply as I know that either Jacob or Alpha Brian has already filled the pack in the details. "Well then, I just wanted to say as your best friend...your gonna be a good Enforcer Ellie and we all know it," he said and I smiled at that. "Thank you, Mike. I would hug you but.." I trailed off as for the first time in a long time I was too emotional. "Save the hug for after the coronation. When your Enforcer Ellie but most importantly, my best friend. I'll see you there," he cut off the mind link with us and the smile has not yet left my face.

With one last sigh, I exit the room and made my way downstairs. Once I arrived down the stairs, Aunt Martha and Uncle Ted were already dressed and waiting. Uncle Ted was in a blue button-down shirt and black pants with black and white converse and Aunt Martha wore a simple yellow sundress with white shoes. They both grasp at the sight of me as if I've just taken my first step or something. I smiled at them as they hugged me for the hundredth time today. 

"I can't believe that you've grown up so fast," whispered Uncle Ted and I felt Aunt Martha shake her head in agreement on my shoulder. They both pulled away and Uncle Ted placed his hand on my cheek. "You're going to be an Enforcer today," He said and chuckled and I joined in with a chuckle of my own. "Any advice for me uncle?" I asked him. Uncle Ted always has some parental advice to give me when I'm off to do something big and right now I would love to hear what he has to say. 

"I know what it feels like to finally be the Enforcer as I have had that impatience that you have right now. You have trained for this moment and you know what is expected of you," he said to me and I nod my head in understanding. "Just remember to be kind brave and kind and respect your elders. Never let your guard down and never turn away from a fight. You already walk with confidence and so much power and I encourage you to continue to do that. Stand proud and tall Ellie, because this journey of yours will not be easy. You will face challenges along the way but if you trust your pack and trust yourself, you can overcome anything. Right now you not only have a duty to the pack as a warrior but also as the new Enforcer," He added as Aunt Martha made her way beside him.