Chapter 10

Ellie's P.O.V

The kiss was soft, comforting, and nice. I never thought that I will be kissing the future Alpha of the pack, or anyone for that matter, ever again. I was expecting to feel disgusted right about now and pulled and tell him that this kiss could never happen again but that wasn't the case. I didn't feel disgusted nor did I feel the need to puke. I was feeling content. I wouldn't say happy because I'm not happy but I'm also not sad. What caught me by surprise was that one of Jacob's hands went down to my waist and his grip tightened. I can feel his claws digging into my skin but it didn't hurt. He licked my bottom lip with his tongue asking for entrance but I denied and he growled. I tried to suppress the moan that was about to come out of my mouth, key word tried, and I could feel him smiling against my lips.

The kiss was starting to get a little heated faster than I realized. His hand that was on my waist was slowly starting to move up against my skin since I was still in the sports bra from fighting Mike earlier. I felt a shiver run up my spine when his hand stopped at the center of my back which is right over my sports bra and that's when I realized something.

I'm kissing an Alpha

I quickly pushed Jacob's chest and stood up. He was caught by surprise because when I pushed him he landed on his back. I know that without even looking. I ran my hand through my hair and put some distance between us and let out a shaky breath. I heard him get back onto his feet and his heavy breathing. 

"What is it?" He asked and I just ran my hand through my hair again but it came back down in my face. "Ellie," he called out but he sounds breathless. I want nothing more than to kiss him again and never stop but I can't. I can't do it. I shouldn't have even kissed him. I suddenly felt his presence behind me, I quickly took a few steps forward as my back was still facing him. "I'm sorry about... what just happened," I said as I turned around to look at him. I knew I had nothing to apologize for because (a) he kissed me and (b) we were both adults. But I still wanted to apologize to them and let him know that it will never happen again. 

His eyebrows were furrowed together in maybe confusion. "Ellie it's -" he started but... "Not ok I know that and I'm sorry. It will never happen again. I promise," I cut him off. He took a step forward before he opened his mouth to speak again but I cut him off again. "Can we just forget about that and go back to training? Let's do some hand-to-hand combat in our last few minutes," I said and started walking back to get in position.

He sigh and also got in position. As we keep on attacking and dodging each other's moves my mind couldn't stop thinking about what just happened. Why in the Goddess above did I do that? I kissed another soon-to-be Alpha, my mate was the first and now Jacob, ugh. I just couldn't help it.

But

He listened to me and didn't run away. He sat down and listened to me. I never had to guts to say those words to anyone yet I said them to him. It just felt right at the moment.

'You're even stupider than I thought,' a voice in my head said but it wasn't Lizzy.

'You haven't learned anything did you? Alphas are cruel, vicious, and cold-hearted wolves. They trick you into their charms and when you least expect them, you threw them away like trash. Just like how he rejected you.'

No

'He didn't care about you Ellie and you were too stupid enough to think that he ever did and it will be pathetic to think that Jacob will.'

Stop it

He looked you in the eye like you were nothing to him.

I said stop it

'Why should I? Huh? Afraid to hear the truth are we? Well too bad cause I'm not gonna stop. You need to hear it, you need to see it, and you need to remember it. Remember when he looked down on you like you were nothing when he rejected your sorry ass on your birthday. And the worse thing is you didn't even accept it. No, you were too pathetic to do so. So you hoped that he will come back for you but he never did and you are too much of a coward to go to him and accept your fate

If you don't stop...

'You'll what? Kill yourself? News flash you've already tried that and your still here. What were his exact words, Ellie?.... Remember them'

Suddenly an image flashed into my head of my mate.

I, Alpha Lucas Parker, reject you, Ellie Hudson, as my mate.

Then the voice and image were gone. I was so caught up in my thought that I didn't see Jacob's hand that connected to my cheek. I stumbled back a few steps from him. "Nice hit," I said as I rubbed my cheek slowly. "Thanks. Let me take a look at that," he said as he walked closer to me. "I'm ok," I said as I tried to walk around him. "Ellie," he said and I stopped. "Let me take a look," he repeated and I just sigh. It wouldn't make sense if I argued with him. He is so stubborn. His hand came up under my chin and titled my head to give him a better view of my cheek. Softly, he ran his hand across my cheek. It stings but it didn't hurt enough to make me flinch. I took a step back after realizing that he didn't say anything for a while now. "I'm sorry," he said.

"It's ok it's just training. You did very well today. Keep it up. Let's head back," I said and started walking back to the way of the pack house. "Ellie," he grabbed my arm as I walked passed him to stop me from watching away. I didn't look back at him though. I fear that he will not let the kiss go. I tilt my head to the side a bit to show that I was listening. "I don't know if you do but I'm not sorry about the kiss," he said as he let go of my hand. "And I don't regret kissing you," he added and a small smile made its way to my lips as I continued walking.

******

Before we arrived back at the pack house I told Alec through the mind link that we were returning and to meet us at the entrance of the pack house and he did. He stood there like a giant as we walked up to him. "Your late," he said as we were close enough to each other. "Yeah, and?" I asked him. If we had a stating the obvious world competition he would have a gold medal. "You are never late. So what happened?" He asked while he fold his arms across his chest. "I didn't know you became my father recently," I answered him as a folded my arms across my chest. Jacob is just observing what's happening.

This is how Alec and I talk to each other. No hard feelings for one another. "Come on Ellie, no need to be sarcastic," he said.

"Am I being sarcastic?"

"I don't know, are you?"

I shrugged my shoulders "You tell me,"

"We got held up Alec," Jacob cut in and Alec snapped out of the staring contest that we were having. "Of course, Jacob," he said and I felt Jacob's stare at the side of my face but I didn't dare to look at him. So instead I walked into the pack house and to the library. But before I did, "See you around Alec," I said to Alec as I passed him. "Likewise," he replied with a small smile.

***********
Once I'm in the library I immediately went looking for a book that has the map of Mountain Stone Valley.  I am not going to tell Alpha Brian or Uncle Ted or Aunt Mariah or Luna Audrey. I know for a fact that they will not allow me to leave the pack, especially at a time like this. But I need my wolf to help protect this pack.

I've been in here for an hour now and still want able to find it. I was about to give up but something caught my eye. A burgundy-looking book but has a gold spine and the writing was in gold too. It says...

Stone Valley

Which was what it was called years ago I don't know why they changed it. I took the book and went to sit around a little table near the window. I also need to find out more about Iron Fist. Like his weakness or anything that I can use against him.

This is going to be a long day. I said to myself and sigh and then I began reading.

*******************
Please leave a comment and a vote if you like my story so far.
Stay tuned for my next chapter.

Izzy