Chapter 32

Ellie's P.O.V

"What does Kyle want with us?" I asked her again after getting confirmation from her that I can ask her anything. "He doesn't want anything with your pack. Just your current Alpha right now," she answered. 

"What does he want with Alpha Jacob?" 

"He wants him to suffer," she didn't explain any further. "Elaborate," I said to her. She leaned forward and rest her hand on the table. "Your Alpha's mate was Kyle's sister," she said as if it would get a reaction out of me. "Yes, we've already established that. Tell me something I don't know," 

"Then you could imagine the lengths a brother would go to for his blood. Your Alpha allowed his mate to burn in that fire. He wasn't there to protect her because he wasn't with her. Instead of being with his mate, he was with another female right here in this packed house," she stopped talking. Letting this newfound information settle in. To be honest I was shocked by this but I also know not to believe a word she says. Anything that she tells me could be a lie. So I shook the thought of Jacob being with another female the day his mate got burned in the fire. 

"What proof do you have of this?" I asked her but was somewhat afraid of the answer because I suddenly thought 'what if what she says is true?  "I don't have any proof," she said and I raised my eyebrows in questioning. "But Kyle does. He has this witch with him that showed him the past. Of what happened. I stumbled upon that information by accident. After learning this Kyle got enraged with your precious Alpha. Swore on his sister's grave that he would make him suffer for making Emily go through that after he promise to never leave her side," She suddenly stopped but held her gaze with mine. "Guess your precious Alpha isn't as innocent as you thought," As soon as she said that the doors flew off their hinges revealing a very pissed-off Alpha. 

"Then your witch only showed the part that she wants you to see. You know nothing," Jacob said as he walked into the room with anger in his voice. His eyes were flashing between their natural ocean blue and his blood red. His wolf was trying to get out. "Oh really now. Let me ask you a question then, Alpha. After all this time why did you even let the female that distracted you live? Why is she still a top-ranking warrior in your pack?" she asked and now I suddenly got curious as to who she is. The only top-ranking warrior in this pack aside from me is - no. 

The girl whose name I still don't know got up from her chair and walked up to Jacob. "Why is she still alive?" In a flash, Jacob had her by her neck and pinned her to the wall. She was gasping for breath. I got up from my seat but made no move to save her. I knew that Jacob wouldn't kill her. "Don't ever question me again. Or you see what happens when I let my wolf out," he threatens her before tightening his grip on their neck a little more than letting her go. She fell to the ground coughing and still grasping for air. Jacob on the other hand walked out of the room still fuming. I guess that he went for a run. 

I sat down on the table in front of the rogue female whose name I still don't know. "You sure know how to leave an impression somehow," she glared at me. "Why should we believe anything you say anyways?" I asked after a moment of silence. "Why would I lie?" 

"You are a rogue who's a member of the same group of rogues that we're trying to take down. So the real question is 'why wouldn't you? " I said and just as I did something snapped inside her. She got up from her spot on the floor and walked up to me. "I never asked to be a rogue! I was abandoned by the same people who were supposed to love me! I was abandoned by my sister who I got separated from at an early age and apparently who got a better life than me!" then she walked up to the interrogation mirror. "Because she was at the edge of the borders," it didn't take me long to realize that she was talking to uncle Ted. "Where she could easily just reach for by the warrior that found her that night," her voice cracked. "But I was a few feet further away from that baby basket," she started to cry but she didn't care, she continued to tell her story. "Even though it was a dark and rainy night I did not make a sound. I didn't cry, I didn't scream or anything I just laid there looking at the rain," she lowered her head and wiped her tears. "And then you walked away with my sister in your hands. Just a few moments later Kyle appeared and he took me in and raise me. Teach me how to survive out in the woods and how to protect myself,"

"Yes I am a rogue but it was not by choice. I came to you now not because - not because I wanted a family but because I want out. I want this war to be over so that I can leave this place and start over," she turned to me. "That's all I want," she and I held eye contact for a while. It was as if she was begging me to believe her with her eyes. If I'm being honest it hurts to hear her story and it only made me angrier than I was earlier. "This interrogation is over," I  said after I broke eye contact with her. I walked out of the room and pass everyone else on the way but not without mind linking the warrior that was in the room to get Jake to have a look at her wounds. 

I needed to clear my head and blow off some steam so I went to the gym, hopefully, no one is there at this time because I am not in the mood to be talking. 

************************************************************

Don't forget to vote and leave a comment. 

XOXO

Izzy