Chapter 13

Ellie's P.O.V

Wolves and rouges fighting. Lots and lots of bloodshed. Most of our warriors are down and the rogues just kept coming. The sun will be up soon. I have just enough time to make it to Miranda's house and give her her wand back so she can save my wolf but by the time I get back then most of our pack warriors will be dead.

Or maybe not.

Not if I make it there in time. They can survive a little longer without me, right? I can do this.
After I'm done I will come back and help them.

Just as I'm ready to run in the direction of Miranda's house I heard a wolf howl. I turned around and saw that a wolf bit down on Jacob's shoulder. And not just any wolf. Kyle. The rogue leader. I should help him...but what about Lizzy.

What should I do?

Should I be selfish and help Lizzy to heal myself and leave my pack hoping that they can make it without me? Or should I stay and help them at the cost of losing my wolf? Losing Lizzy?

What should I do?

'Help them,' Lizzy said in my head.
'Lizzy. What about you?' I asked her.
'I've waited 3 years to be cured...I can wait a little longer,' she said and I closed my eyes.
'Go. Save our pack,' I opened my eyes. 'Ok but after this, I'm gonna save you too Liz,'  I said to her. 'I know you will. Now go,' then she cut off the communication between us. I tucked the wand into my pocket safely just so it won't fall out.

I ran towards Jacob and tore Kyle off of him. He came off and hit a tree but quickly recovered. He growled at me and I growled back at him.

"Stay down until your healed," I said in the mind link between Jacob and me. "What?" He asked back in shock but I didn't answer him. I grabbed my sword and was ready to fight Kyle. That's when he did something unexpected. He shifted back into his human form and put on a short that was around his leg.

He smiled at me. "Well look who came to save the day again. The. Ellie. Hudson," he said and I took a step closer to him and pointed my sword at his throat. "Don't. Move," I said to him. He ducked and punched me in the stomach causing me to take a few steps back and drop my sword. He was about to punch me again and I dodged his move and punched him where his rib cage is located. I heard a cracking sound and I smiled as I punched him in the face, kneeled him in the stomach, and throw him on the ground.

For the leader of the rogues, this guy is pretty weak in his human form. I grabbed my sword, ready to end this and him. I screamed a warrior cry and plunge my sword into his heart.

Well, at least that's what I thought until I saw another sword in my vision. I looked to my right and saw a girl. She smiled at me and pushed me away. "I knew that you were gonna want to save your precious Alpha so I got someone who can match your skill," Kyle said as he stood beside the girl.

"Seriously? You got a girl to do your dirty work for you? How pathetic. Why don't you just finish me off yourself," I asked even though I didn't want it to come out as a question. "Now where's the fun in that," he said and smiled at me. Then his smile faded and had a serious look on his face. "Kill her," he whispered to her but I knew that he knows I can hear him.

We circled each other and she was the one who made the first move. If you have realized something about me it is that I never make the first move when it comes to a fight. I dodged her moves so far and she dodged mine. "I've always wanted to fight you," she said breathlessly. "Really? I'm honored," I said to her as I blocked her move but didn't expect her to step at the back of my knee to pull me down on one foot and punched me in the face. "But never in the way that you expect it. I was never a fan of yours. I don't see why people are so fond of you and that in their eyes you are just a sweet little angel. But in my eye your pathetic," she said as she crouched beside me.