Chapter 46

Jacob's P.O.V

Christian and I just got back to my office after 2 hours of training with Ellie at the training grounds. It was some light training. We mostly did some light training and worked a little on our offense and decided on the best attack formations for this war. After showering and finishing up the last of the paperwork for the day I had nothing to do. I wanted to spend the rest of my time with Ellie but she's off hanging out with Mike. 

I've come to dislike it a little bit but not completely since he's Ellie's best friend. He knows everything about her. From her favorite food, favorite color, and all that. Anyways, the point is that I try not to be jealous, and it's really hard. 

Sigh 

I headed to my room to call my parents to check up on them on their vacation. Hopefully, by the time I'm done talking to them, Ellie will be back. 

Unknown P.O.V 

Lisa entered the hospital and approach the reception desk hesitantly to ask for Doctor Steven. She thought that since tomorrow is a big war she would like to try to ease things with her mate just in case she won't make it later. She didn't like the idea that if she wasn't going to return that he was still upset with her because of what she did to Ellie. When the nurse told her to wait for a few minutes while she go grab Jake, she once again got nervous. 

After a few seconds, Jake appeared from the door and paused when he saw her. Immediately he was perplexed by her beauty. He wanted to hold her, he wanted to shield her away from the world because he wanted her for himself. But instead of doing that he just stood there. Not moving a muscle towards her. she felt her heart break after realizing that he mates didn't go to her. 

"Can we talk?" she said in a soft voice. He nods his head and gesture for her to follow him into his office. As she stepped in he closed the door behind her. 

Ellie's P.O.V 

I wander around the forest aimlessly in fascination. The different colors of the trees and the gentle breeze that brushed against my skin. Taking in everything one last time before heading back to the pack house.

Mike and I had a good time together. We took that walk down memory lane, got some ice cream, and did anything and everything that came to mind until it was time to part ways. He wanted to check on his friends and I wanted to do something before meeting up with Jacob. I miss him. I went to Miranda to see if she got any help from any other witches who might be willing to help us fight. 

Flashback

"None of my friends are willing to help us. They sense the evil approaching our borders and decided that hiding is our best solution," Miranda said to me and I sigh. "Alright, I'll let Jacob know," I replied and started headed to the door to leave. "Ellie wait. There's something you need to know," the urgency in her voice stopped me in my tracks. I turned around to face her with a confused expression. What's she afraid to tell me? "What is it?" 

"The pack has a very high chance of winning the battle between Kyle and his pack but they won't against the destroyer of worlds," she stated and I relaxed. 

"It's OK. Lisa and I are going to take it on. We're pretty confident in our powers," I calmly stated to her. I don't know why but lately I've become less scared to use my powers. Less afraid of hurting someone I care about. I feel more confident than ever and I know that Lisa and I can take on this destroyer of worlds. 

"Good because what I'm about to tell you will require you to trust your powers and your instinct," the fear in her eyes confuses me. I wanted to know what was she afraid of. "OK," 

"We may not know who this destroyer of worlds is but in my experience, there's one thing they have in common, a protected weakness," I suddenly got interested in what she had to say. 

"What is it?" 

"It's not that simple. A protected weakness is very well guarded. Usually by a very strong steel alloy that can only be penetrated by heat," 

"So you're saying that because of my firepower I can beat this thing?" 

"It is possible, yes. But that is too much negative energy for a normal wolf to be around," she warned.

"You forget I'm not a regular wolf," she replied sternly. "You made that known pretty clearly. You said I could kill it. How?" I added. 

"It would be very difficult to do so. No one has ever gotten too close to a destroyer of worlds. The energy gives off weakened you. You won't have enough energy for an imminent strike. You will die," she said with such concern and finality it confuses me. It made me wonder if Miranda cares about what happens to me. Or is it just my mind playing tricks on me? 

"I have to try," 

She sighs at my response. 

"Miranda, how?" I asked her again and with another sigh, she finally spoke again. "Your sword," I looked at her in confusion before it finally struck. The same way I killed Iron Fist but with a little fire. Who would've thought? I nodded my head at her to let her know that I knew what I meant. 

"Ok so now that we know that I can kill this destroyer of worlds, I need something from you," I took a step closer to her. "Jacob can't know about this," she raised her eyebrows at me in surprise. "I don't think that's a good idea," she replied. 

"If Jacob knew what we were talking about he would do everything in his power to stop me and I can't have that. He shouldn't have to worry about me on the battlefield. I am doing this to protect him and this pack. They are my family and I would do anything for my family even if it means putting my life on the line," I stated firmly. 

"Jacob would not be happy about this," she stated and I chuckled without humor. "I know. He will be...furious with me. But this is what I have to do. Maybe this is why I have these powers. I have to do this," I added. I don't wanna do this behind his back but I have to protect him. I don't what I'll do if I lose him. I can't lose him. "OK, I'll keep your secret. But I suggest you go spend as much time with him as you can," she suggested which she didn't have to. Suddenly the need to be around him got stronger by the minute. I have to go. 

I bid my goodbyes to Miranda and ran to the pack house. 

30 minutes later 

I finally made my way to the pack house and as soon as I was about to enter through the entrance I was suddenly wrapped in the familiar arms of the man of my dreams. "I've missed you all day," I smiled and hugged him back just as tight. "Is that weird?" he asked and I chuckled and shook my head. "No, it's not. I missed you too," I added and his smile widen. 

We held each other for a little while longer. I held onto him a little tighter. Cherishing the few moments we have left together because I may not make it past tomorrow. I know I said I wasn't scared of death but I'm scared of leaving Jacob before even exploring what we have together. I finally feel like I'm moving on with someone who cares about me, appreciates me, and accepts me for who I am. Scars and all. I'm not ready to leave him but I have to for him to live. I won't be selfish with him. 

And with that thought in mind, I held him a little tighter. He was about to let go after a few seconds but I shook my head. "No, don't let me go yet," I said to him, not liking the idea of separating myself from him. I wanna hold him for a little while longer. "Never," he said as he held me once again and I felt the familiar feeling of safety in his arms. I sigh in contempt

***************************************************

I know it's been a long time since I updated but it's just been hectic with school work and training but I finally manage to finish this chapter. It's unbelievable that I'm approaching the end of this book. I've been working on this for years until I finally dared to start re-editing and publishing it. 

But aside from all that I hope you guys like this new update. Don't forget to leave a comment in the comment section and vote if you like the story so far. 

Have a wonderful day everyone!

XOXO 

Izzy