Chapter 43

Lucas P.O.V

I never thought I would see her again. After everything, I put her through I thought I was the last person she would ever want to see. I admit I wasn't the best mate back then but I've changed. I wanted to go after her as soon as I realized how much I'd truly screwed up but I couldn't. I couldn't face her. Not after everything I did. 

When I saw her request of coming onto my pack lands I didn't hesitate. I approved it without a second thought. But when she got closer to the pack house I took the coward's way out and attend a meeting that didn't need my input and asked my Beta to lie for me just to give me more time to face her. 

But now she's here. 

Right here right now, standing in front of me looking like the most beautiful girl I've ever laid eyes on. She looks different too. She looks older, and wiser, with wider hips, full lips, and the body of a goddess. How did I not realize before that I had a Goddess of a mate? 

Sigh ex-mate

"We need to talk," she said to me in a bored tone which tells me that whatever it is that she wanted to talk to me about is something serious. But I couldn't help how my heart fluttered at the sound of her voice. I felt a weight lift off my chest just by the sound of her beautiful voice which makes me think "Why did I ever give her up?"

"Not here. My office," I said to her and started walking in the direction of the office before giving her a chance to respond. They both followed without question.

Ellie's P.O.V 

As we entered his office the feeling of familiarity hits me. I remember my first time here. I came to visit him during the transferring process to join his pack. I was amazed by how big and decorative it was. A giant desk at the center of the room, large windows on the left, a bar on the right, sitting area on the far right with a coffee stand in the middle. I almost chuckled at the memory. 

He immediately went over to the bar section and poured himself a glass of what I think is vodka. So much for the hospitality.  I said to myself. Once he took his drink and went to sit around the table, his beta and I occupied the seats in front of him. "If you don't mind, I'll like to discuss something important with you Lucas. Just you," I mentioned to him without losing eye contact, not hiding the fact that I want his beta out of the room.  Beat Blake was starting to get up and leave until "I prefer if he was here. Anything you have to say can be said in front of him,"  he responded, without losing eye contact as well as if he was challenging me. 

Blake sat back down in his seat awkwardly and Lucas leaned back into his seat. "I gotta say, warrior looks nice on you," he said with a small smile, resting his index finger under his chin and his elbow on the handle of his chair. "I was always a warrior," I said as calmly and collectively as I could because for some reason that statement angered me and I know what can happen when I'm angry. 

"Not the best," he replied by saying. I clenched my fist on the chair handle. His eyes followed suit and I knew he was trying to get under my skin and I was letting him. 

'Calm down'  A voice in my head said. 

'Lizzy?  I asked

'You got this' she replied and suddenly I felt empowered. The anger that I was feeling a minute ago diminished and was replaced by a new wave of confidence and strength. I slowly let go of my clenched fist, took a deep breath in, and breathe out. "You never get tired of it, do you? Always trying to put me down to make yourself feel better" I started and his smile was wiped off his face. 

Good...

"Always trying to prove that your way is the right way and anyone who tries to correct it or tell you otherwise gets punished. The one who was normally punished was me. Do you remember that?" I asked him, not expecting to get a reaction out of it but I asked anyways.  His gaze dropped from mine which tells me that he's listening to me. Listening to every word that I'm saying.