Chapter 35

Ellie's P.O.V

"Something is wrong with me or my wolf for that matter," After what happened with Christian I didn't find my way to the waterfall like I usually do. I had a feeling that Jacob would be there so went in the direction so I went somewhere that I never thought that I would go again. Miranda's place. "Back with that again I see," she said to me as she walked around her room. "Yes and I'm not doing anything for you this time," I snapped at her. A low growl escapes the back of my throat without meaning to. I've been having this problem ever since I spoke with Christian. I'm growling at everything for unknown reasons. "And why would I help you?" she asked me. This Miranda was not the Miranda that I met a few weeks ago. She now stood in front of me as if she was bigger and better than me. She had this newfound confidence in her and that didn't sit well with me. In the blink of an eye, I had her pinned to the wall by her neck. 

Her hand grabbed onto mine hoping to release my grip but I wouldn't budge. "Listen to me witch, you are going to listen and you are going to listen very closely. I can break your neck before you even utter a word in Latin to try and save your skin. Now that may not kill you because I know you must've cast a protection spell of sorts to protect yourself but that doesn't mean that it won't hurt," I didn't recognize the person who was speaking. My voice sounded deep and so scary that it had Miranda looking at me in fright. The horrid look on her face snapped me out of whatever trance I was in. I quickly let her go and moved away. She was coughing and gasping for breath. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that," I apologized because I didn't mean to do that. I'm losing control of myself and I don't know why. "Still think that theory is just a theory?" she asked soon as she got back to her feet. My mind instantly went back to her and Jacob's theory about me being the Alpha King's daughter. I shook my head because that was impossible. I didn't believe it. "I don't want to discuss that nonsense. This is just a phase that I'm going through and all I need is something to help me be more in control of myself. This has nothing to do with yours and Jacob's theory because that is all that it is, a theory," I told her but still kept my distance. 

"Wolves don't go through phases until it's their first time turning, heat, or when a girl starts her period," she tried to reason and make me second guess myself. "There's also the process when someone loses their mate," that shut her up. we held eye contact for while to see which one of us will give in but we both know that I won't give in to whatever it is that she thinks of what I'm going through. She sighs before heading into the kitchen. I heard shuffling before she came back in with a vile in her hand. "Take this before going to bed. It is an elixir that will help you to always be in control," I took it in my hand and looked at it. "It looks like water," I said to her. Was she trying to fool me? 

"It will look like it but won't taste like it," she replied. I nod my head but still narrowed my eyes at her. I started to make my way to the door but then I stopped. I suddenly have the strange urge to tell her something. "Is there something else?" she asked as she saw that I did not exit. Now that I think about it, it wouldn't be so bad. "I know this is gonna sound weird, especially coming from me but I want to talk to you about something," I told her and surprisingly she nod her head and motioned for me to sit on the couch while she took a rocking chair beside it. As I sat down I started talking immediately. I caught her up with the present details of today before going deeper. 

"I'm losing control of my life. Secrets that now coming into the light are breaking me down bit by bit. Secrets that should never have to be secrets in the first place and I know why my family kept it from me but it doesn't make me any less angry. I have a sister. A sister whose life I missed out on and who grew up in the hands of the rogues. I know that as a warrior he couldn't compromise the pack, I get that, I do. But she was just a baby," I don't know why I'm talking to Miranda about this but maybe it's because its easier to talk to someone who doesn't know and get honest feedback from them other than one from people that you love and they sugar coated it when you needed to hear it straight up. Even if the truth hurts.