Chapter 1

Ellie's P.O.V

It's when you feel the cool breeze splashing against your face like water crashing onto the shore, your feet sunk into the ground as if it was mud, and the smell of rain before it comes. That's how I like it. That's how every werewolf like it. But I'm not just running because I want to.....It's because I have for me to escape the nightmares from the past. So here I am running into the woods at 4:30 in the morning like something's chasing me. Or someone. That's what I've been doing for the past 3 years now to cope with everything that I've been through. I run to hide. I run to be free. 

Running gives me a sense of freedom and urgency. It forces me to be aware of my surroundings and not to let my guard down. I can't let my guard down. 

My name is Ellie Hudson and according to the history books, I am now the greatest female warrior in werewolf history. I'm 21 years old and a member of the Midnight Moon Pack. I've been abandoned in a baby basket a few days after I was born, with no letter or note to tell where I was from, just a baby blanket with the letter E on it. I don't know who my parents are or if they are even alive and if I'm being honest, I don't care. I wasn't in the mood to play a game of Hide and go Seek. If they wanted me then they wouldn't leave me at the edge of the pack's eastern borders hoping to be found by someone else. If they had, they would've looked for me and if they wanted to be found then they would have left clues as to where they are. But they didn't.

They left me and I grow up living with that on my own. But fortunately, I wasn't alone. Uncle Ted and Aunt Mariah took me in, they're not my real aunt and uncle I just call them that after Uncle Ted found me when he was patrolling the pack's borders that night and they're being nice to me and I'm grateful for them. I wouldn't be who I am today if it wasn't for them. Uncle Ted is the pack's Enforcer and Aunt is a doctor here at the pack. A doctor that is quite well known for her work and being married to the Enforcer. They couldn't conceive a  child and they said that they fell in love with me ever since they saw me. So once they gave up looking for my parents they adopted me. 

If you guys haven't figured it out yet, I'm a werewolf. Yes, we do exist we just don't expose ourselves to the human world. You know how humans are, they tend to want to "investigate" the unknown. So back to what I was doing. I'm taking my morning run in the wood in the Midnight Moon Pack. I came back last night at midnight from the Sliver Blade's pack. I usually train other pack warriors to be as good. Duties as the greatest female warrior. I not only have to train my pack but everyone else's as well. 

I came back to my house at 7:30 am. Yeah 3 hours later. I can run for long hours if I want to, thanks to my werewolf speed. I went upstairs to take a quick shower and make some coffee after I'm done to keep myself awake. I went back upstairs to pick out my outfit. I choose a black blouse with black pants and black boots to go with it. I quickly brush my hair and went back downstairs to pour my coffee into a mug.

After I'm done I washed my mug and went to the pack house. Not everyone was awake now even if it was almost 8 in the morning but I knew Uncle Ted was here. Aunt Mariah was in another pack running some errands for her family and told more like commanded Uncle Ted to stay here with me. He can't win a fight with her. He loves her too much.

"Hey," I said to Uncle Ted as I came close enough to him and he hugged me and then kissed me on the forehead. "Hey sweetie pie," he said and I hit him on the shoulders playfully. "I thought I told you to stop calling me that," I said and pouted. He laughed at my childish behavior and pinched my cheeks softly. "When did you get back?" He asked me.

"Midnight," I replied.

"So what's going on today?" I asked but before he could reply Alpha Brian came into the room. "Ellie your back," Alpha Brian said and hugged me. We are allowed to call him Alpha Brian instead of Alpha Samuels because he wants him and his pack members to be one and to have a good relationship with everyone. But don't be mistaken, step out of line and he will not hesitate to put you back in your place.  I've also become close to the Alpha's family in my years of being here but I don't remember meeting their son whom people usually talk about. Wait no correction I remember meeting their son just not sticking around long enough to have a conversation with him. I don't even remember his name.