Chapter 2

W I N T E R

"I'm here! I'm here!" Rachel knocked violently on my door after only fifteen minutes of talking on the phone.

"Hold on, I'm coming!" I yelled from inside as I got up and walked towards the door.

"First I can't believe you agreed to go out with me and oh my god why are your eyes so red and puffy? Have you been crying?" She barged into my room and made way to the edge of my bed where she made herself comfortable.

"No, I've not been crying." I tapped the area around my eyes.

"Listen, Winter, I'm sorry about your office. I just want you to be happy honestly." She apologized in a somber tone.

"It's fine. I'm just overwhelmed by my emotions and that's why I get triggered easily." I patted her shoulder.

"First we need to do your makeup and th-."

"We're just going to a club Rach, it's not that important to loo-."

"It's not just a club, it's a friend's birthday party but he decided to hold it at the club so a lot of important people will be there." She interrupted me.

"Important people? That means I can meet people I can discuss business with?" I asked Rachel with hope in my eyes.

"No." She bluntly said. "It's a club, nobody is going there to talk business." She continued.

"Way to dash my hopes, Rachel! I'm going to be so bored there, what will I do?" I complained and fell on my bed.

"You're not going to complain your way out of this Winter! Get up." She pulled me from my bed and up to my feet.

One thing I loved about my relationship with Rachel was the fact that we were friends way before my parents adopted her.

"What am I gonna wear?" I sighed. "I don't have anything club-worthy." I complained again.

"Why worry when I'm here? We're about the same size and I'm sure I'll find you something." She gave a reassuring smile.

"Fine." I let out a groan.

I dragged my feet to my vanity where I sat down and waited for Rachel to bring her makeup tools from her bedroom which is down the hall.

After about thirty-five minutes she was already done with the makeup and I was very impressed.

Usually, when she does it on her face, I'm impressed but when it's on me I feel like a different person.

I got up from the seat and she forced me back down to sit.

"Aren't you done?" I asked her.

"What? No! I haven't added the underliner yet." She informed me.

"There's no need for that." I protested but she wasn't even listening.

"Sit." She urged me to sit down again in front of the mirror and I did. "Don't blink just keep your eyes on the ceiling." She instructed.

After blinking twice per second for almost a minute she finally finished applying the under eyeliner and to be honest, the difference was really clear.

My blue eyes became more defined and obvious.

"I brought an outfit for you and it's on your bed so quickly put it on while I do my makeup." She instructed once again.

I walked over to my bed and found a deep-back cut black bodysuit and denim shorts coupled with a pair of black heels.

Isn't it a bit too much though?

"No it's not too much Winter, it's going to look perfect on you," Rachel yelled from my vanity like she could read my mind.

I went to get changed and when I came back Rachel was already done with her makeup and was putting on her outfit.

"You look so pretty!" She complimented me and I smiled.

"Thank you," I replied her.

"What are you doing?" She questioned as I packed my hair up in a ponytail.

"I'm doing my hair!" I rolled my eyes at her.

"I can see that but why a ponytail? Free your hair."

"I don't want to." I firmly said.

"Whatever." She hissed and turned to the mirror to free her hair and put on her earrings and so I put on my earrings too.

"Let's go!" She grabbed her keys and took another look in the mirror.

I sprayed on my favorite perfume and hurried outside. I didn't see either mom or dad at home so I guess they must be in their room.

After driving for almost thirty minutes we reached Rave Night Club where the name was written in a purple neon sign.

"This place looks so tacky," I commented when I looked at how it looked from the outside.

"It's better inside trust me," Rachel replied as we parked.

We both got down and walked to the entrance where a big bald man with olive colored skin stood with a very strong face.

I held Rachel's arm as we waited for our turn, "Why does he look like that? Do they sell illegal drugs here? I don't want to be part of anything illegal, let's go." I said without pausing.

"Chill, he's a bouncer and he's only doing his job." She assured me.

I gave her a skeptical look and we moved forward. As soon as the guy saw Rachel, his eyes lit up and his face which wore a frown, had turned into a huge smile.

"How's it going CY?!" She greeted him with a smile of her own.

Should have guessed that he knows her! She goes clubbing almost every Friday night.

"Welcome! Is she with you?" He asked referring to me.

"She's my sister." She informed him. "She decided to come with me for Edgar's birthday party." She added.

"Go right in then." He ushered us in and pushed the door open for us to enter.

"Thank you." She smiled and held my hand.

As soon as we stepped into the club the music blasted loudly through the speakers. People stood at different parts of the club with cups in their hands.

"I'll be Back!" I heard her yell into my ears amidst all the noise.

"N-no don't leave me a." I tried calling out to her but she already got mixed in the crowd and the music was way too loud for her to hear me.

I looked around and I suddenly felt out of place because everyone was either dancing or talking to their friends.

With a sigh, I decided to take a seat. As I walked towards the high wooden chair, someone hit me.

**