Chapter 49

W I N T E R

We heard a shrill come from the storage room as we all tried to make our way there and found Rachel sitting on the floor with blood dripping from her arm.

"She escaped through the window!" Rachel directed the cops as she winced in pain.

The cop and Leo ran through the window to catch up to Emilia but my attention was on rachel.

This whole scene feels oddly familiar. This feels similar to the way it was the day Damian got stabbed.

I took a step back as blood ran from Rachel's arm to the floor but her other arm was strongly applying pressure to the cut.

My vision was getting blurry as I watched Tim try to tie her arm with a dusty cloth from one of the storage boxes.

"..." Tim said but I couldn't just figure out what it was.

Is rachel going to die? Am I about to kill someone else right now?

My breathing quickened and my palms felt sweaty. I kept on swallowing imaginary saliva.

Is this going t-

I was shook back to reality by Timothy who had a concerned loook on his face.

"Rachel is fine Winter! You don't need to feel scared." He yelled.

"Winter I'm fine, it's just a cut." Rachel who was now on her feet reassured me.

"A-are you sure? Let's go to the hospital." I grabbed her arm and lead the way.

"You literally just had a mini panic attack and you want to drive? I don't think so."

"So drive us then." Rachel smiled.

How can she smile at a man at a moment like this?

"Sure but shouldn't you stay home to rest?" He walked to us. "You only just got discharged and almost had a panic attack also I think Leo would like to meet you home." He suggested.

"No, I don't want to be alone here."

"Makes sense. Come on."

When we got to the hospital and Rachel was taken to get her wound treated, Tim and I sat in the waiting room.

"I'm sorry about the loss of your baby," he cleared his throat.  "I couldn't say earlier because I didn't get a chance to, it can't be easy." He sympathized.

I sighed, "It's not but I have Leo with me so it makes me feel a little better." I smiled at him.

"It feels good to have a partner with you huh?" He hung his head.

"It does. Do you recall our encounter at the club? Back then I could have sworn that i wouldn't get married but now being forced to marry has been the greatest choice I've made. Leo is awesome. He loves me and is always supporting me." I answered.

"Don't you feel scared that you'll both fall out of love in a couple of years? I mean the rate of divorce is high these days."

"Not at all. Moving on from his ex wasn't easy and neither was it easy to move on from mine but we both did because of each other so I'm pretty confident."

"Between the two of us," he whispered. "I've been seeing relationships different the past few days." He confessed.

"Is this abouy Rachel's engagement?"

"Yes." He answered immediately. "I tried my best not be too into Rachel because I didn't want her to leave me but now that I see she's considering marriage and considering the amount of time we've spent together again, I don't think I will be able to let her go."

"So why did you cheat?"

"I found myself wanting to be with Rachel all the time so I tried to stop myself. I invited a past fling to the hotel and to be honest, we couldn't even do shit. I couldn't. I escorted her to the driver who would take her home and that was when rachel saw me."

"So nothing happened? How come you didn't explain it to her?"

"I thought it would be easier to let her go rather than trying to beg her."

"I really don't know what's going on in Rachel's mind-."

"She still loves me."

"If you think you still have a chance then why don't you talk to her about everything?" I suggested and my phone started to vibrate.

"Leo!" I answered the call.

"Hey, where are you?" He casually asked like he didn't jump through our window three hours ago in hopes of catching that psycho.

"We're at the hospital getting Rachel's wound treated."

"I'm on my way."

"What happened to Emilia?"

"I'll explain when I reach you."

"Was thst Leo? What did he say?" Timothy asked.

I shrugged, "He said he'll let us know when he gets here." I replied.

After about twenty minutes; I saw Leo's figure walking up to us and my heart somehow felt lighter.

"Babe." He kissed my cheek and nodded in acknowledgment of Tim.

"What happened with Emilia?"

"The officer was able to catch up to her. She also confessed and they say she will be tried but until then she will be put in jail so we don't have to worry." The corner of his mouth turned up.

Tim and I breathe in a sigh of relief before we could smile.

"How's Rachel?"

"The cut was a little bit deep but it's nothing too serious. She's getting stitched." Tim answered him.

"Thank goodness."

We all waited for Rachel who came out with a bandage on her arm.

"Remember to come next week to have your bandage changed so it doesn't get infected." The doctor reminded her.

"I will." She smiled.

"Hey, how do you feel?" Timothy asked.

"It hurts." She hung her head.

"I think we all deserve a trip to clear our heads." Leo suggested.

"Great idea!" I backed him up.

"How's Hawaii? Or maybe Bali?"

"Santorini is also beautiful." Tim suggested.

"Santorini!" A huge smile spread across my face.

"What do you think Rach?"

"Uh..." She hesitated. "You know I have a wedding to plan, I don't think it would be good to go on a vacation right now." She explained and Tim's expression suddenly changed.

"Right." He nodded.

Leo and I both exchanged awkward glances at each other.

"I'm kinda hungry, should we go get something to eat?" I held Leo's arm.

He put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me close. "Me too. Let's go!" He smiled.

"Tim, take care of Rachel. We'll be off now." Leo turned to Tim who slightly nodded.

"Bye Rachel! I'll call you later!" I raised my hand and waved while they both wore a confused look.

I'm doing this for you Rachel. You also deserve a happy ending.

**

There's going to one more chapter which will act as a chapter and an epilogue.

It will be uploaded tomorrow!

Follow me on Instagram @thepeachygirlwrites

Enjoy!