Chapter 30

L E O N A R D O

"Leo!" I heard my mom's voice from outside.

I strolled outside and saw my mom standing beside her car while the guy who was cleaning the pool earlier struggled to bring out something.

"Help him with the tree." My mom ordered.

Tree? What tree?

I peeked inside the car and saw a big long fir tree itching to be decorated.

"What's the need to put up Christmas decorations? Christmas is already days away." I face palmed myself.

"Regardless! It wouldn't hurt to bring out that Christmas spirit." My mom encouraged. "Now bring out the tree." She frowned.

I passed through the other door and successfully pushed out the trees from the opposite side.

After formally introducing himself to me as Daniel, the driver, gardener and pool cleaner, he offered to carry the tree inside while Riona and Martha carried a couple more bags inside.

"Mom why did you make Winter stress so much? She had a meeting this morning and yet you took her places to buy ornaments." I complained to my mom.

"If it makes you feel any better, I was the one who bought everything, she waited inside a restaurant." My mom pouted.

"Let's just go inside." I sighed.

My mom walked in front of me with slumped shoulders making sure to let me notice. My mom always tends to get sad when scolded and she doesn't even try to hide it. She's like a little kid looking for attention.

After reaching inside, I gasped at how many paper-bags were sited on the tiled floor.

"I'll get you all some refreshments," Riona announced before heading to the kitchen.

We all gathered at the living room where everyone comfortably sat.

This is the first time so many people are in the house and it feels kinda nice.

Wouldn't it feel so much better to have kids running around here?

Wait, what was that thought?!

I could feel heat spread across my face.

"Leo what are you doing?" Rachel questioned and everyone looked at me with blank faces.

"Uh..nothing." I lowered my face to avoid any of them seeing my red face.

"So why were you staring at Winter and you even turned as red as a tomato?" She smirked just as Riona arrived with cups of juice for everyone.

"I uh..." I tried to piece my statement together but as if on cue Riona dropped one of the glasses on the floor causing the glass to shatter before everybody's eyes.

"I'm sorry." She apologized almost immediately and went down to pick up the pieces.

Her hands were trembling as she attempted to pick up the pieces.