Chapter 10

L E O N A R D O

My father is actually letting me rebel? That Is so unlike him! I remember when I told him I didn't want to do business but instead save lives and all he was threaten to cut me off from his will and everything.

I stood at the glass window to admire the winter snow, Christmas was fast approaching and I could already see people putting up their decorations even though Christmas was like three weeks away.

To be honest the festive season never really me happy. Everywhere is so cold and I can't take off my shirt as I pleased.

I sat on the sofa and sipped my hot cocoa, I've been starving but the hotel staffs have decided to take their time in preparing my breakfast.

My phone came alive and the picture which was my lock screen was Thalia, Iris and Cassidy all together. A smile made its way to my lips.

The text was from Iris, Riona's younger sister who is currently in her third year at the University of Essex.

You're in London and you didn't even tell me?

Oh shit! How'd she know I was here?

I replied, I came two days ago. You know I wouldn't leave without visiting both you and Cassidy.

Even after Riona's passing, I still kept in contact with all her sisters. Seeing them alive and well makes me feel Riona's presence.

The messages chimed showing it had delivered and immediately changed to seen then typing.

When are you going back to the US?

Not anytime soon tho. Wya? Are you busy?

Nah, we're at our apartment.

I'm on my way, let's have breakfast together.

I pushed my phone in my back pocket then grabbed my jacket and hand warmers before exiting my hotel room.

After waiting for a bit, I found a taxi that could take me straight to their apartment and didn't waste any time hopping in.

It took about thirty five minutes by road to reach my destination and my fare was pretty fair.

I stood outside a four story building made with bricks and walked inside. I used the elevator to reach the fourth floor where my girls lived and with a smile plastered on my face, I rang the doorbell.

"Leo!" I heard a squeal from inside before the door opened and Iris jumped on me immediately she saw my face.

"I missed you too Iris." I wrapped my hands around her.

She pulled away and looked me in the eye, Iris was beaming.

We closed the door behind us and went inside where I see Cassidy who was sitting on the sofa with her phone in her hand.

"Hey Leo!" She greeted with a cheerful grin but didn't come to hug me.

I'm not surprised though, Iris has always been the one fond of me while Cassidy was well very indifferent to me but I knew she loved me regardless though.

Cassidy is in her final year at the university Of Essex majoring in civil engineering.

"How have you both been?" I asked them, looking around to see if they've been lacking anything.