Chapter 18

L E O N A R D O

How could I raise my hand on her? That's not me.

I released a deep sigh as I was starting to get frustrated.

"How could you almost hit her Leo?!" Iris scolded me.

"I didn't mean to!" I defended.

"She doesn't have the right to insult you." Cassidy pitched in.

" Exactly!" I agreed.

" I don't think its her fault though, it was a misunderstanding." Iris defended Winter before turning to me. "You said you told her about us, what did you tell her?" She eyed me suspiciously.

I avoided her gaze, "Okay so maybe i dudnt tell her," I paused. "Not because i am scared of her or anything but because I don't need her permission for anything and besides, you see how she is? She's crazy!" I confessed.

"Then why did you marry her if you know you don't like her?!" Cassidy questioned me.

"Because I didn't have a choice! I was happy with the way my life was going but ever since I met her, it's been very annoying." I frowned. "But still, I would never hit her or anyone else." My eyes fell to my hands and I shook my head.

"You should totally feel bad about what you did and even if it's a marriage of convenience, it doesn't mean you both can't be friends at least! Is this how you plan to live the rest of your life?" Iris reasoned with me.

"She couldn't stand me before, I'm pretty sure she strangled me in her head already." I sighed.

Iris chuckled, "Get her something to apologize to her and extend a hand of friendship. She doesn't look like a bad person to me." She completed.

"What can I get for her?" I asked both girls.

"A dress?"

"Jewelry."

They said at the exact same time then exchanged looks.

"Diamonds are a girls best friend." Iris pushed her opinion.

"A dress will always remind her of him." Cassidy pushed her own opinion.

"I'll just get both." I announced to end the argument.

"Great idea."

After all of us made our way to the dress store, we ended up getting a red dress then Iris had to go home because she had something to do.  So instead, just Cassidy and I stopped at Cartier and got a nice diamond necklace.

I really hope she forgives me, I don't like her but I don't want her to have the impression that I'm a coward of a man who hits women.

In the evening, immediately I reached home, I saw her mom leave in a car but she told the driver to stop when she saw me pull in.

"Hey Leon!" She greeted me with a cheerful grin.

"Good evening ma'am!" I returned the smile.