Chapter 14

W I N T E R

After the vows and blessing of the marriage, we moved the after party to the Castro's.

I remember this place. This was the hall that changed my whole life.

My eyes wandered around but the decorations were different from the last time I was here. This time fresh white roses were mixed with red roses to decorate the hall. A banner hung at the entrance read, Just Married.

This was the place where Leonardo's father announced my engagement and since then crazy things happened.

I glanced over to my right where Leonardo was seated, he leaned back and had a bored expression on his face.

Why do I have to stay stuck to him?!

"Attention everyone," My fathers voice echoed through the halls while he hit his glass with a fork to draw everyone's attention.

"I'd like us to raise a toast to the newly married couple!" He exclaimed and everyone raised their glasses.

"To the lovebirds!" Everyone clicked their glasses with joy while Leonardo hit his with mine with a little bit too much emotion.

Why's he so mad?

The party progressed with some people presenting us gifts then a dance session. At this point I went to Rachel who was talking to a guy who seemed really familiar.

"Rach?" I called when I reached her table.

She broke into a smile, "Hey Mrs Castro," She teased.

"Stop." I rolled my eyes and took the seat next to her.

"Hey, congratulations." He greeted.

"Thanks." I twitched my lower lip.

"You look like you don't remember me," He squinted his eyes accusingly.

"I don't." I confirmed. "Do I know you?" I asked him.

"We met at the club the other time," He reminded me. "I'm Timothy." He reintroduced himself.

"Oh I remember!" I affirmed.

"I know I said you and Leo were gonna date but look at you both getting married in under a month." He snickered.

"Shut up." Rachel smacked his arm.

"What? But I did say they were gonna fall in love at some point right?" He recited.

"Can't you see she's sensitive about the topic? You only know business and nothing about humans!" Rachel snapped and I was taken aback.

"Rachel chill, it's not that deep." I lied in a bid to calm her down.

"I'm sorry babe," He apologized to Rachel.

"Don't touch me." She moved her hand away when he tried to touch her.

Okay, I'm starting to think this is less about me and more about them. What's the deal with both of them anyway? I remember Timothy mentioned that they were dating but Rachel denied it.