Chappter 34

L E O N A R D O

My eyes slowly fluttered opened in an unfamiliar room.

I used my palm to gently massage my forehead as I sat down. I picked up my phone and saw different missed calls from Cassidy and Iris but none from her.

Memories of the night began to pour in. I can't believe she rejected me like that. I ran my hand through my hair.

Where am I?

I got up from the bed and analyzed my surrounding. I remember going to a bar to drink with Timothy but I don't remember much of what happened afterwards.

Didn't I go home? This isn't even Timothy's house nor does it look like a hotel.

As I moved towards the window to look at the surroundings I found it too familiar.

Wait this can't be?

The door knob twisted open and I stood face to face with a familiar blonde but I just couldn't figure it out since my head was hurting so much.

"Oh, you're up. Here's a painkiller for your head." She brought in a tray which held a glass cup and painkillers.

"Where am I?" I groaned.

It couldn't possibly be.

"My room." She snorted as she placed the tray on the cupboard.

"Your room? Why?" I walked over to take the painkiller.

My house.

"You stayed here last night after you returned home too drunk to even climb the stairs." She explained as she took out the tablets.

My eyes widened. I quickly glanced over to the bed and noticed my shirt was on the floor then back to the girl who held a cheerful smile.

"Wha-Nothin-Did we?" I stuttered as my heart raced.

She giggled, "It was truly amazing." She moved a step closer to me.

After she responded I could feel that my headache get worse.

I took the tablets and confusion clouded my features as I placed the glass on top of the tray before jogging out of the room. I then found my way to the living room making my bedroom easier to navigate.

What happened to me last night? How could I sleep with someone else? That's impossible. Well she has no reason to lie to me.

Shit. Shit. Shit. What did you do you idiot!

After the terrible headache I had, the only thing that followed was intense hunger. I couldn't go focus, all I could think about was what I had done. I took a shower and went downstairs to eat my anxiety away.

Everywhere was oddly quiet. I headed straight for the kitchen and then I saw Riona standing by the sink washing cups.

"I can't do this right now." I muttered to myself and turned to leave.

What if she thinks it's a thing now? I'm not like that anymore and I certainly cannot disrespect Winter like that.

"Do you need something?" Her tiny voice made me halt my steps.

"I'm hungry, is there something I can eat?" I turned to face her.

"Not at the moment but if you want something, I can make it for you." She offered as she wiped her hand with a towel.

"I want something quick and easy."

"Give me about twenty minutes." She smiled. "Maybe a glass of yoghurt while you wait?" She suggested.

"Sure." I smiled.

Riona grabbed one glass which she had just recently washed and cleaned it with a clean towel. She walked over fo the fridge where she placed ice cubes in the glass then finally poured the yoghurt from the carton into the glass.

Just as she was about to give them to me; our hands touched then she stared at me with her big brown eyes.

I looked away almost immediately and walked out of the kitchen.

If she's going to look at me every single time we make contact then this is going to be a problem.

I sat on the couch in thought as I slowly sipped my yoghurt.

"Leo!"

I heard Iris's screech as the door was slammed shut sending shivers down my spine but I relaxed when I saw Iris march into the house.

"What the hell Iris! Do you want you want to give me a heart attack? How'd you know I was here?" I scolded her but she didn't say anything.

"I actually didn't know!" She chuckled. "It was a wild guess." She sat down next to me.

"Don't yell like that again, I thought something  had happened to you." I frowned. My hand mid air holding my glass.

"I'm sorry." She apologized. "So tell me how last night went!" She looked at me with expectant eyes.

I sighed then dropped my glass on the table and as I looked at her again,her eyes dropped. She probably knows that it most certainly isn't good news.

Iris's eyes went from my eyes to the glass on the table. She picked up my yoghurt and started sipping it.

"That's mine!" I argued with a frown.

"Oh come on Leo! You're about to tell me a story, I can't listen while I'm thirsty!" She defended herself while still confidently sipping the yoghurt.

"She's way too hurt from her past to let anyone love her." I croaked.

"Maybe it would help if she knew about Rie? I mean I started looking at Winter differently when you told me about her past and all. I can't imagine what what it's like to feel riddled with guilt. She's strong."

"Talk to her about it? I don't know if I'm ready to do that-."

"Leo!" She called out loudly. "Talk about it. You both need to have a conversation that doesn't involve bickering. Talk about how you both feel! Wait a sec, what exactly is your plan now?"

I took a deep breath and relaxed into the chair with my folded arms.

"Don't tell me you gave up after she rejected you once? You finally fall in love again and you want to give up?" Her face twisted. "Really Leo?!" She groaned.

"Then what do you suggest I do?!"

"Have a honest conversation with her. You don't need to go out for some fancy dinner, you can do it here. I don't know!" She threw her hands in the air. "Just do something!" She encouraged.

"Sorry to interrupt you both but your food is ready to be served." Riona interrupted us with her announcement.

"Um leave it on the dining table and please get an extra plate for Iris." I instructed.

"Im sorry but I only made a single serving worth of food."

"Go ahead and eat Leo, I'm not that hungry anyways."

"I really don't feel like it anymore so you can have it. I'll order." I insisted.

"Excuse me." Riona excused herself before leaving.

"Did Emilia just send me death glares?" Iris turned to face me then looked back to watch Riona leave.

"Emilia?" My head tried to search for w with Emilia was until I remembered. "Why do you all call her Emilia? I thought you more than anyone would call her the other name." I asked.

"Because that's her name?" Iris raised an eyebrow. "What other name does she have?"

"Her other name is Riona."

"What?

"Yes, you heard me right. I also thought it was a rare name but I guess not, anyways she's a really sweet girl, I'm sure she didn't send you death glares. Stop imagining things." I explained as I got up from the chair.

**
Happy New Month everyone!
What do you think about Riona?