Chapter 28

L E O N A R D O

I lifted my palms up to visible sight and stared at them like they were a foreign entity.

I wasn't able to help her.

I just stood there.

Once again I couldn't help someone I care for, I just watched in shock.

I watched in shock as Winter had an emotional outburst. I took a step back as my eyes widened at Winter's screams.

What's happening?

When she folded up and went to the ground, her hands shielding herself, I let out a gasp.

Everyone in the hall had stopped dancing and were just staring at Winter. Judging by her parents and Rachel's expressions, they weren't really surprised, just scared.

Do something Leo.

I walked towards her, went down to the floor and tried to call out to her but she didn't answer me. When I tried to hold her arm, she pushed me away causing me to lose my balance and land on the ground before she ran outside the hall.

"Winter!" I tried to call out to her but she didn't turn around.

Do I go after her?

No, she probably just needs her family right now.

"Rachel." I turned towards her and without even saying what I wanted, she understood.

"Right away." She nodded her head and ran after Winter.

Panic spread across the faces of her parents. Her mom in particular looked like she would break into tears at any moment.

What could have caused this? Does it happen frequently? Does she have some kind of ptsd?

So many questions were running through my mind but who would I ask? I don't think Winter would want to discuss this but I need to know what happened to her so I can be careful. Maybe I said or did something that triggers her.

"Are you alright Camille?" My mom placed her hand on my mother in law's shoulders.

"I'm sorry, I thought she got better, I don't know why she's..." She sniffled.

"I understand, it's not easy to go through a loss. She will get better. Remember why we decided to have our kids get married?" My mom reassured her.

A loss? She went through a loss? I'm confused, what kind of loss?

I wanted to know but it wasn't the right time to ask.

"Simon," My father called out openly for the first time the whole night. "Maybe you should go on with the activities so everything would be back to normal by the time she regains herself and comes back in." He suggested.

"You're right. I'll go and take the donations." Richard, my father in law agreed.

**

I woke up later than usual in the morning, I couldn't use the gym at home because I was way too tired to move. I spent all morning in my room and using my phone.

As I moved about my room, I looked outside my balcony and noticed a young man using a device to clean the pool, at first I was going to yell that a stranger broke into the house but I remembered we had new workers.

"Good day sir." He greeted all the from down and I greeted him back.

Just as I continued watching the man clean the pool, I heard a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" I asked as I moved closer to my bed.

"It's Rion- I mean Emilia," She corrected herself.

"Come in." I answered.

"Good day sir," Her light voice echoed in my room.

"Good day er..." I paused and looked at her trying to figure out what to call her. "Riona is it?" I asked.

"Yes sir Or Emilia."

"Why do you have two names?"

"I'm in debt sir, I had to change my name so they wouldn't come after me." She explained.

"Do you not have any family or something?"

"I have three younger sisters; Maddie, Irina and Dalia." She counted.

That sounds oddly similar to Cassidy, Iris and Thalia or maybe I'm just overthinking this. This girl rubs me off in a really weird way.

"Interesting." I nodded my head calmly. "Is there a reason you came to my room?" I asked her.

"Oh yes," She looked down. "You didn't come out for breakfast and it's almost lunch time so I decided to check in on you." She croaked.

Came to check on me? Is she trying to get into my good books?

"Okay?" I blinked.

"I'll go back to the kitchen now." She forced a smile before exiting my room.

After the interruption by my overly caring housekeeper, I decided to stroll around my house. Just as I walked outside, a black Range Rover pulled into the house.

I don't suppose that's Winter, she doesn't own a black Range Rover, unless she purchased one today but I doubt it. She already has it in white.

I waited for the person to step down from the car and to my surprise, it was Rachel.

"Hi Leo," She greeted with a wide grin.

"Rachel!" I returned the grin. "Winter isn't home though, she's mostly likely out shopping with my mom." I informed her.

"Actually," She took off her glasses. "I'm here to see you." She narrowed her eyes at me.

Me?

We settled in the living room and she took a seat directly opposite me. I wonder what she wanted to talk about. It has to be serious otherwise she wouldn't be here.

"What's going on?" I pursed my lips and narrowed my eyes at her.

"I want to talk about you and Winter." She released a deep sigh.

I stayed quiet, urging her to continue with what she wants to say.

"Do you mind me asking how you really feel about Winter?" She looked me dead in the eyes.

My heart raced, I didn't think that's what she was going to say.

"Uh-."

"Honestly Leo!" She added.

"I think I've fallen in love with her." I slowly confessed trying to read her expressions.

"Good because I think you'd be able to help her." Her eyes glimmered with hope.

**