Chapter 6

W I N T E R

"Hey, what's the likes of you doing here?" I rolled my eyes.

"Is that an apology for spilling your drink?" He frowned.

"I guess we're even now." I smile and proceeded to walk away but he grabbed my arm and I gasped at the audacity.

"What is it, let me go." I commanded.

"I'll let this go because you look beautiful this evening but this is far from over." He whispered before loosening his grip.

The audacity of this man!

With a frown, I went back to my seat and I found Rachel sitting alone.

Looking at Rachel from far, I must admit her dress was also really beautiful. An off the shoulder dark blue body con dress which highlighted her figure perfectly and brown long hair which contrasted the dress to make both pop differently.

"How come you're here by yourself? Where's mom and dad?" I asked her.

"Well they are over there." She pointed to a corner which had them both talking to a couple around their age.

"Are they the Castros?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Rach! You'll never guess who I ran into again today!" I teased her so she would be curious.

"Leonardo."

"No, I ran into Leonardo from the club." I replied immediately without even processing what she said.

She looked down at me and my brain processed what she said.

"Hey, how'd you know?" I asked her.

"Well this is about the Castro's right?"

"Right..."

"So it's only normal for Leo to be here."

"Why is that? His parents work with them?"

"His parents are Lisa Castro and David Castro, you know one of the top businesses in the country?"

I gasped.

"So when mom said something about them having a son, she meant that rude young man? Rubbish!" I complained.

"You don't need to get so worked up. Everything about Leo really gets you riled up hm?" She eyed me.

"His whole personality makes me sick." I answered back to her.

She muttered something under her breath but I couldn't hear her.

"What did you say?" I questioned her and she shook her head.

"Nothing." She smiled and then looked away.

Rachel was avoiding my gaze which was very unlike her.

"He-."

"Winter?" A middle aged woman in cornrows interrupted me.

"Good evening," I greeted. "Do I know you?" I asked her.