Chapter 25

Song Of The Chapter: Falling In Love by Relaxation Piano In Mind.

L E O N A R D O

All through the car ride to the event center, I couldn't focus my eyes on the road. I kept stealing glances at the beautiful woman seated next to me.

I would tell her she looks nice but that's not even near enough to describe how she was looking.

It felt like I wasn't able to see anyone else. My hearts beating so fast, I felt like it was going to burst my chest open.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you." She fumbled with the diamond bracelet in her hand. "I was really stressed." She sighed.

"You don't need to apologize, I shouldn't have raised my voice at you either. I was really stressed from the surgery and then certain things also happen-." I paused when I remembered that weird girl at the house.

"Did you hire workers already?" I arched my eyebrows at her.

"Oh yeah, well my mom did the selection to make it easier for us so all she did was send the ones she liked and thought were capable enough." She answered.

"How come you didn't let me know? I just arrived home and saw a bunch of different people I didn't know." I lied knowing I only saw one who left a bad impression on me.

"That is also my fault, I'm sorry." She sighed. "I didn't want to bother you while you were at the hospital and thought to tell you when you returned but I guess nothing ever really goes as planned." She explained herself with a frown on her face.

"It's really alright, there's no need to be upset." I tried to lift her mood.

We pulled into the event center and got family parking. Yet again, I couldn't help but gawk as I opened the passenger's door and she came out all so elegantly.

The smell of food filled the air when we entered the hall. The walls which were made of white stones were adorned with Christmas lights and other ornaments while mini Christmas trees were placed on every pillar.

My eyes scanned for the whole place until it landed on my mothers smiling face. I poked Winter and gestured to our family's extra large table.

"The newlyweds are here." Rachel announced to the whole table causing everyone present to turn towards us and stare awkwardly.

We exchanged greetings with everyone before taking our seats.

"You both look so good together." My mom complimented.

"Thank you for the dress, I really love it." Winter appreciated my mom.

Suddenly, my moms ginger red hair wasn't her most noticeable feature, instead it was the tinge of red which appeared on her cheek after Winter's appreciation.

"I'm glad you like it dear, I hope Leo at least showered you with like a dozen compliments?" Her gaze shifted to me.

Not now mom!

"He said a few things." Winter covered for me.

My gaze shifted to my side where she was seated and she gave me a quick smile before turning to face everyone.

For more than half the night I could only stare at her. Suddenly everything she did looked more or less perfect in my eyes. The way she cut her steak into tiny cubes before chewing, the way she poured her wine into her glass and even when she's interacting with everyone. She's really next to perfect. Her long hair, tan skin, legs, my eyes drifted off to her lips.

I really want to feel it against mine.

Wait.

Where did all that come from?

I squinted my eyes towards my side and shook my head when I realized I was gushing over her. I violently shook my head.

Stop it Leo! What are you thinking?

You had better not fall in love with her! Remember you both made a pact.

"Are you alright?" Winter placed her palm on my hand.

My eyes trailed from hers to her palm on mine which she swiftly removed.

"Yeah. Just thinking about something."

"You had a terrified look on your face, are you sure?"

"I'm good, don't worry." I gave her a reassuring smile.

"If you say so then!"

Living with her and seeing her every day is messing with my emotions. I'm going to need to distance myself from her for a bit.

"Hello everyone," My father in law greeted through the microphone in the center of the hall. "I want to thank everyone for attending the ball, we will start taking donations for the orphanages after the dance session has been completed." He announced and everyone clapped.

"Now, to open the dance floor, I'll call on my beautiful daughter, Winter and her charming husband, Leonardo to step forward." He announced and everyone cheered.

The plan was to avoid her and now I'm supposed to dance with her? Maybe it's going to pop music.

As if on cue, a familiar slow song instrumental was played, the microphone pillar was moved away from the stage and everyone was still cheering us on.

*insert song here*

Winter eyed me eagerly waiting for my next step. I took a deep breath before pushing back my chair and also hers. We walked side by side to the the center of the stage and immediately the lights went off and the spotlight was on us.

Once we stood to face each other, our eyes didn't for one second blink. We just stared into each other's eyes. Slowly, I extended my hand to her and she took it.

I placed her hand on my shoulder while my hands were wrapped around her small waist. Our movements were so in sync you'd think we had practiced beforehand.

Her blue eyes were shining so bright that shivers ran down my spine. Our faces just mere inches apart. The eye contact. My hands on her waist watching them sway to the sound of the music. My heart pounding so hard. I'm a cardiologist, I know my heart should not be racing this much. The lights shining down on us, everything so perfect.

While dancing and sharing eye contact, she flashed me a quick smile. It felt like I was going to have a heart attack and also some sort of sick feeling in my stomach. Is this what people refer to when they say they felt butterflies in their stomach?

Medically impossible but is there a scientific explanation for this?

It was then I realized, if it wasn't clear before that I had completely fallen for this woman standing right in front of me.

**

No, writing this particular chapter made me want to actually fall in love with someone!

It was soo cute imo though!