Chapter 11

W I N T E R

How can my dad do this to me?

A single tear fell my eyes and stained my cheeks.

How can he force me into making a decision I'd regret either ways.

I can't go to a mental health institution, I know I'm fine now. I can't get married either, I don't want to live all my life trapped in a loveless marriage because I won't be able to give him my heart or my body.

My family must hate me. They didn't even give me a chance to explain myself.

He gave me only thirty minutes to decide what I would do and my time is almost up.

My eyes lifted up to my wall where my 3D clocked rested. I had only five minutes left and my dad didn't look like he was joking.

After taking a deep sigh, I lifted myself up from my bed, I unlocked my door and walked downstairs where my father sat.

I know what I have to do.

"Did you make your decision?" His eyes not leaving the newspaper for even a second.

"I'll get married." I pinched myself really hard as I muttered.

"You're getting married?" His face lit up in happiness.

"You agreed?" My moms face also lit up as a smile appeared on her face.

"Yes,"

"Oh Winter, I'm sorry we had to get you to agree this wa-."

"No." I stopped her. "You're not sorry so don't act like you are."

"Honey don't say that."

"Do you even love me?" I paused scanning their face for a reaction but all I could see was guilt. "Or is my happiness no longer important to you all anymore?" I asked but they remained silent.

Tears spilling out of my eyes, "Answer me!" I yelled at them. "I didn't realize I was such an inconvenience to you all that you'd want to get rid of me." I rambled on.

"I will get married if that's what you want," I wiped my tears away but I'm certain my face was still flushed. "But when you both start to regret your decision, don't say I didn't tell you so." I clenched my fists and stomped angrily upstairs.

My life has been a total mess since I went to the club with Rachel and met that stupid guy! Ugh! I can't believe I'm being forced to marry a man I can't even stand!

A knock came from the other side of the door, "Can I come in?" Rachel's voice echoed in my room.

"Come in."

Rachel popped her head inside the room first and when her eyes found me she entered the room and closed the door behind her.

"How do you feel?" Rachel eyes were apologetic.

"It's not like you care." I rolled my eyes and got up from the bed then walked away.

"You're my friend and my sister, of course I fucking care about you." She walked up to me.

"Then you have a pretty interesting way of showing it." I walked away again.

"I couldn't do anything Winter, their minds were made up." She defended herself.

"You didn't tell me about the wedding. You betrayed me." I accused her and pointed my index finger at her.

"You have every right to be mad at me, to be honest, I'd be mad at me too but you know I love you and your parents do as well. Everything they do is for your own good." She pitched in with a high tone.

"I don't want to talk about my parents. I hate them." I confessed.

"Winter," Rachel placed both hands on my shoulders. "You're their only child, you think they would do anything that would hurt you?" She looked into my eyes.

"I'm no longer an only child, they have you now." I countered her opinion.

"You are missing the point." Visible traits of frustration began to appear on her face.

"Why him?" I scowled.

"Leo isn't really a bad guy, yes he has his flaws like everyone other person, even you, but he's really not a bad guy and to be honest, I have high hopes for the both of you." Rachel tried to make me feel better.

"I don't want to talk about Leonardo either." I frowned. "Just give me a hug." I pouted.

"Come here," she pulled me closer to her and wrapped her arms around me before rubbing my back soothingly.

It's been a while since Rachel and I hugged like this. She smells like home and she feels like peace. Suddenly the storms in my mind and heart went away.

"I'm really sorry about all this, if I could take away the hurt you feel right now, trust me, I would." She whispered in my ear and I hugged her more.

"Stay with me tonight." I pulled away from the hug.

"Sure." She smiled at me.

**

L E O N A R D O

I honestly believe that my dad would stoop so low to the point where he would use Riona's siblings to blackmail me.

I paced back and forth in my room trying to think of another solution that didn't involve tying the knot with some crazy bitch.

To be honest, Riona's siblings should be at the top of my priority list, they mean more to me than even myself.

I wouldn't want them to suffer harm in any way because of me.

After much deliberation, I decided to meet my dad at his office.

I drove to the company because I was sure that's where I'd find him. After I reached there, I went straight up to his office.

"Dad?" I said into the air as I opened the door to his office.

"Oh you're here. Did you make up your mind already?" He looked up from the pile of papers on his desk and took off his glasses.

"I'll get married to the daughter of Simpsons corp, but don't expect me to fulfill the duties of a husband because I don't love her." I barked.

A smile emerged on my dads face as he dropped his glasses on the table.

"I don't ask that you make her happy, just marry her and smile at the camera." My dad gushed.

"Alright then. I'm getting married." I groaned.

**

Wedding bells are officially ringing!

What do you all think?

Follow me on Instagram @theepeachygirl

Till next timeee