Chapter 26

W I N T E R

My heart felt like it would explode at any moment while we were dancing and sharing an intense eye lock.

I couldn't look away from his eyes, I felt like they were calling unto me. They felt so warm and familiar and soft.

With both my hands interlocked and placed behind his head, they itched to just move around his body. I want to feel his soft hair in between my fingers and maybe trail it down his neck.

Am I crazy for wanting to stay like this forever?

You're having such a wonderful time here with him; your husband. Damian's memory is still alive.

My eyes shot open.

You're dancing ever so peaceful with another man, gazing into his eyes and wishing you could take him in your hands and kiss him while Damian's body is rotting away in his grave?

You know he'd be around your age now? Living peacefully with his sister, Rachel.

I stopped swaying knowing my expression has gone sour.

"........" I saw Leonardo's lips move but I couldn't make up what he was saying to me.

My hands dropped to my sides as I took steps back from him.

You killed him!

What you did was unforgivable!

You're not permitted to be happy.

You should die!

You can't fall in love with anyone!

Get out of here!

My mind judged and judged me causing me to  seal my eyes shut before placing both my hands on either side of my head.

He should be alive, you shouldn't.

You know you're a murderer!

You never really loved Damian!

"N-no." I whispered to myself whilst moving away from Leonardo.

Damian deserved better than you who's trying to move on so quickly.

"No, shut up!" I yelled at myself.

At this point my mind felt hazy, it felt like the room was spinning and my head was being pounded. I went down and buried my face in my hands.

"....." Someone tried to touch me and say something but I couldn't decipher what was going on. All I knew was that I didn't want anyone to touch me.

"Leave me alone!" I pushed the person off and looked up.

It was him.

With teary eyes I looked around me. The music had stopped and everyone was staring at me with both concern and pity.

"Wi-."

Without thinking, I got up to my feet and ran as fast as I could outside. The howling wind coupled with cold air was a reminder that it was winter.