Chapter 5

W I N T E R

Saturdays in the Simpsons household.

After returning from my early morning jog, I took a shower and went straight to the dining room.

Pristine ivory and white are the dominant colors in the living room. The white marble floor matches the intricate crown moldings on the walls and ceiling.

"Good morning dad." I greeted before taking a seat next to him on the glass dining table.

"Good morning princess! How was your outing with Rachel last night? I heard you both came back home late." He questioned me.

"It was fine dad. Speaking of Rachel, where is she? And mom too?"

"They were together in the kitchen since early this morning."

"Oh yeah. I forgot."

Rule one, Saturday morning breakfast will be made by Rachel and my mom while dinner will be prepared by me and my mom and then afternoon snacks will be done with all of us- my dad included for some family bonding time.

"Hey Winter, good morning." Rachel chirped as she dropped the teapot on the table.

"Hey Rach, what are we having for breakfast?" I looked up at her.

"How does a chicken avocado sandwich sound?" She looked at me and I smiled.

Rachel knows how much I love the sandwiches she and mom makes.

"I'm sta-."

"Rachel! Come get the toast!" My mother's voice echoed in the dining room.

"Be right back!" Rachel turned to me before dashing into the kitchen.

"No running in the house!" My dad sighed immediately Sophie left for the kitchen.

After a bit my mom and Rachel came into view, while Rachel carried a plate of toast and already cut avocados, my mom held in her hands a bowl of shredded chicken while one of the helps brought a jug containing freshly squeezed orange juice.

The aroma of the chicken filled the air and my stomach couldn't watch to just dig in.

After everyone took their seats, I was the first to grab a toast and put in all the fillings I wanted to.

Immediately I took a bite of my toast, I let out a satisfied moan. The buttery goodness of the avocado melted in my mouth while the tomatoes and chicken gave it an even more complex taste.

"No one enjoys these toasts more than Winter! She's always so happy when she digs in." My mom commented while watching me eat.

"I know this is going to be her favorite breakfast when she gets married too." My dad commented.

"Rachel my love, pass me glass." My mom asked Rachel.

My mom took a glass and filled it with orange juice then passed it to me.

"Drink this in between so you don't choke, you're stuffing your mouth." She looked at me with concern.