Chapter 42

W I N T E R

"So? Are you not going to tell us what happened?" Iris placed her hands on her hip as she questioned me.

Iris and Cassidy had successfully pulled me to the living room after we finished eating breakfast because of the stunt Leo pulled at the table.

"Iris, I told you something was fishy!" Cassidy clapped back. "I told you I saw a figure resembling Leo go into Winter's room but you didn't listen to me. You just assumed they were going to fight again." She shook her head.

"You really can't blame me! They fight with each other every chance they get!" She threw her hands up in the air.

"Leo and I aren't getting divorced anymore." I declared and they both looked at me like I grew a second head or something.

"Obviously!" Iris sighed.

"We want to know how you both made up so quickly." Cassidy insisted.

How do I explain to two college girls that we sorted it out like adults?

"Come on girls!" Leo's voice interrupted us as he made his way lazily to us. "Don't bother my wife." Leo slid his arm behind my waist and held onto it.

I immediately looked down at my feet as I felt my cheeks began to heat up once again.

Everything Leo does or says makes me blush like a teenager. Is this the price I have to pay for being celibate?

"We aren't bothering her!" Iris stomped her foot. "But anyway since you're here," A mischievous grin made its way to her face. "How about you tell us about how the two of you made up?" Iris questioned.

"Before that," Leo started before pulling me close enough so I could lean on him as we both stood. "How about you tell me about the threatening text you sent me a couple of days ago?"

Iris's smile froze.

"What threatening text?" I asked.

"Apparently Iris and Cassidy told me they don't want anything to do with me anymore and to consider them all dead. They even went as far as threatening to never let me visit their sister's grave again." Leo sighed.

"Really?" I gasped.

"In our defense, we thought he was really going to leave you for a stupid reason." Cassidy boldly defended.

"And we thought if we had used our sister to threaten him, he'd reconsider the whole thing. We were very serious about everything though." Iris added.

"Yes, we won't tolerate Leo treating you like your feelings don't matter." Cassidy pitched in.

I silently gasped at the fact that both these girls tried to make Leo understand my feelings behind my back. They threatened Leo- the single most important man in their lives all for me. I knew they cared about me but not this much.

"I can't believe you turned my kids against me in such a short period of time." Leo dramatically gasp.

"I had no idea they did that." I placed my hand on top of his.

"Yeah. I remember Winter sternly warning us to not text you if we were upset."

"But we did anyway."

"Yeah."

"Because we love and care about her. Plus she didn't even do anything that would warrant a divorce."

"Don't make me feel like you love Winter more than I do because you don't." Leonardo argued.

"I love you all so much." I blurted out as I freed myself from Leo's grasp and pulled both Cassidy and Iris into a hug.

"We love you too!" They squealed as they hugged me back.

This feels like home.

Wait home! Oh my god! I haven't called home yet!

"Leo did you call your parents yet?" I turned to face him.

He scratched the back of his head; "No."

"Shit. Me too." I sighed.

I haven't even checked my phone all day today. I skipped upstairs and saw my phone lying on top of my table where I left it yesterday.

As I grabbed it and turned it on, I saw different notifications. Some from the company, others from my family and also Leo's family.

Just as I opened a photo Rachel sent, there was this glint in her brown eyes that reminded me of Damian.

"Another year without him here al because of me." I sighed.

No. Not today. I just recently gained this new family I have here and I won't let negative thoughts ruin it.

"Can I come in babe?" Leo knocked on my door.

"Sure, come in." I replied. "Babe?" I rolled my eyes at Leo as soon as he closed the door. "What was that earlier at the dining table?" I snickered.

"What?" He shrugged but continued to stroll towards me. "What else would I call you?" He asked.

"I don't know, maybe my name?" I suggested.

"No, I'll call you what I want to call you and I suggest you do the same." He sternly said.

"I'll tell them to move my stuff into your room." I looked into his eyes.

How come I never noticed he also had brown eyes? But his were darker than Damian's.

"There's something you should know because I really don't want to keep anything from you." Leo's expression hardened.

"What's going on?" I asked with a concerned look.

"Back when we had the big argum-."

"No." I raised my hand. "I really don't want to us to talk about anything from the past. It's a new year today," I leaned in and wrapped my arms around him. "Let's leave everything bad behind us and start afresh." I then looked up at him.

"I love you." He muttered and quickly kissed my lips.

"You know, you've said that a lot this morning." I exaggerated.

"I'll never get tired of telling you how I feel."

My heart pounded in my chest. Has he always been this sweet?

"I love you too."

My phone buzzed in my hand and I lifted up so I could read the text Rachel sent.

Mom and dad and your in-laws are on their way to your house for a surprise visit! Ps I want    cookies for the tea you're gonna tell me when I come with a winking emoji.

"Our parents are coming over!" I announced to Leo.

"Okay?" He casually replied. "Wait they are?" Leo literally jumped.

**

Im dropping LeoWinter content because you all waited for so long and honestly deserve it.

Here's your reminder to read Sweet Addiction!