Chapter 44

W I N T E R

"That's why I think you should invest in our company." I boldly finished my presentation and everyone in the meeting room clapped loudly for me.

"That was such a great presentation, Mrs Castro." One of the British investors complimented in a thick English accent.

"Thank you, Mr Stralton." I smiled.

Mr Stralton leaned in close to his partner who was whispering something in his ear. Probably deciding if they'll move forward with the investment or not but by the small smirk on Mr Stralton's thin lips, I felt confident.

I took my seat as I eagerly waited to hear positive news.

Mr Stralton got up straight and turned his gaze to me. "Congratulations, we will make sure to invest." He wore a smile and stretched out his hand to me.

I got up to my feet as I took his hand, "Thank you." I returned his smile.

"We will make the first deposit tomorrow."

"That's great! I look forward to a great partnership."

After escorting both men to the reception, I breathe a sigh of relief and relaxed on my chair. It's my first deal I've closed since I returned to work. It feels good to know I still got it in me.

An abrupt knock on my door made me sigh as I sat up straight.

"Come in." I yelled.

My secretary rushed in with a notebook in his hand but paused right in front of my table.

"Your presentation was great!" Mike complimented.

"Thank you Mike." I smiled.

"Your meeting which was scheduled to happen later today has been postponed until next week, so you are done for the day." He read his note.

Thank goodness.

"Alright then. I told you to send someone to the market at Park Avenue to buy me a burrito from the stall I like so much but I didn't get it, why not?"

"I asked Linda to do it. She informed me that the lady who owns the stall was closed at the time."

"Did she go back to see if she returned after that?"

"No, I'm sorry, ma'am!" He shook his head and I sighed. "I'll go tell her to check again-"

"No," I interrupted and got up from my seat. "I'll just go home." I grabbed my purse.

"Have a great evening ma'am." He smiled.

I took off my shoes as soon as I entered the house. I looked around and noticed how quiet the house was but it's no surprise, it's been like this for months now since the girls returned to London. They promised to be back by summer so now I just wait.

Thankfully, I returned to work and Leo stayed more at the hospital and returns late most of the time.

Without the girls, Leo and I have had time to know each other better. We go on dates almost everyday, he comes to visit me at work and the sex is amazing.

The only thing more surprising than the fact that we are living life to the fullest is the fact that when Damian's face randomly flashes in my head, I smile. Leo helped me and is still helping me heal which is why I feel so much love and gratitude towards him.

"Welcome home madam." Emilia greeted me. "Should I serve you dinner?" She asked.

"Hold on, I'll call Leo then I'll let you know."