Chapter 21

W I N T E R

As I let my body sink into my bed, scenes from dinner replayed in my head. Good food, good company and great conversation. It's been a while since I had that.

Leonardo isn't really so bad after all. I actually enjoyed his company although he almost ruined it by almost flirting with me.

I grabbed my phone and the first thing I saw was a missed FaceTime call and then an iMessage from Rachel who I guess wanted details. I placed my phone on the bedside stool and rolled over to the other end of the bed before falling asleep.

As my eyes fluttered open, a yawn escaped my lips. It was barely nine in the morning. I rolled over to where I dropped it before going to bed.

A message from my mom read; Christmas ball tomorrow at six, come with Leo.

Our annual ball comes up every week before Christmas. A lot of important people attend it and the money raised is given to charity.

My tummy growled loudly causing me to place my arm on it. I yawned again before getting up from my bed and heading to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

After brushing my teeth and taking a bath, I went to downstairs to prepare breakfast for myself; and by breakfast I mean toast and some eggs but to my surprise, I found Leonardo in the kitchen chopping greens.

"Good morning," He greeted with a grin before focusing on his cooking.

"Morning..." I dragged finding it difficult to believe that he knows how to cook.

"Is there something wrong?" He looked up at me.

"No," I started walking towards him. "It's just that you keep surprising me." I admitted.

"How?"

"Well I know your parents are extremely rich and you would have had a lot of maids helping you, plus, you're also a man the perfect excuse to not set foot in the kitchen so how come you know how to cook?" I explained what I meant as I wasted he way he sliced other things.

"Cooking is my hobby, it takes my mind off a lot of things." He asnwered. "Are you just going to watch me cook or will you help me?" He commented.

"I'll help, what are you making?"

"Egg and sausage sandwiches, fruit parfait and then sliced avocados." He revealed.

I gaped, "You're preparing all that?!"

"Yes, I really wasn't going to but when I came into the kitchen, I saw your mom had filled the pantry so I thought why not?"

"I'm really surprised."

"Just slice the avocados into tiny pieces." He pointed to the avocados inside a bowl.

I washed my hands, grabbed a chopping board and proceeded to peeling the back of the avocados before slicing them.

After watching Leonardo perform his magic, breakfast was finally ready. He placed the right mason jars filled with parfait in the fridge so it could cool while the aroma of his breakfast filled the kitchen.

So he can actually cook.

When he finished cooking, he started moving the platters to the dining room.

"Quit staring at me and help!" Leonardo scolded causing my cheeks to heat up.

Was I staring at him? He caught me staring at him? Oh no, that's embarrassing!

I sluggishly helped with the plates and cutleries.

"Iris! Cassidy!" Leonardo yelled from the living room.

"We're coming!" They yelled back from the distance.

In about a minute or two when Leonardo and I finished setting the table, the girls came downstairs.

"So I'm guessing Leo made breakfast?"  Cassidy commented after looking at what was available to eat.

"How'd you guess?" I chuckled.

"Avocados are actually Leo's favorite thing! He adds them to everything he makes." Iris explained and Cassidy laughed.

"Very funny guys," Leonardo whined as he walked back into the kitchen.

"Where are you going? Sit let's have breakfast." I called.

"You guys go ahead, the kitchen's a mess so I have to clean it up." He gave a half smile.

"You can do it later. Eat up before it gets cold." I advised.

"I just can't eat knowing the kitchen is a mess." He pressed on.

I groaned, "Then let's just clean it up together so it will be twice as fast." I concluded.

"There's no ne-."

"Shut up! Let's just clean." I interrupted him then walked towards him.

I can't eat knowing that he's also hungry but is busy cleaning the kitchen.

"We'll help too." Cassidy added.

At this point Leonardo frowned but we all followed him to the kitchen and he was greatly outnumbered so he couldn't even argue.

It took nearly five minutes clearing up the whole place. For a kitchen that was dirty, there was little to no dirt. I must also admit that he's quite neat because how did he prepare breakfast without leaving traces of egg or something on the counter?

"Thank you for helping me clean up, I know I should have done a cleaner job." Leonardo appreciated and we all exchanged looks.

"That kitchen was not even dirty."

"I told you Leo was low-key a neat freak right?! Look at this!" Iris pitched in.

"Trust me Leo, that kitchen would have been dirty if I had taken the liberty of preparing breakfast, and by preparing breakfast I mean just making toast." I added.

Wait Leo?! Did I just call him Leo?

Leonardo's face brightened and a smile emerged on his face as he looked me in my eyes. He must have heard me say it. I only said it in the heat of the moment because Cassidy and Iris kept saying Leo.

"Can I stop being a conversation?" Leonardo halted the conversation.

The rest of breakfast was eaten in silence and it felt like it was an actual family being seated at the table. Nothing but good vibes. My lips curved into a smile as the food melted in my mouth.

Leonardo most certainly is a great cook and I really want to eat more food made by him.

**