Chapter 46

W I N T E R

"Congratulations Mrs Castro, you are pregnant. Exactly seven weeks along." The small female gynecologist confirmed.

I felt a stirring in my chest as the doctor confirmed what we already knew.

"Oh my god Winter, this is huge!" Rachel bubbled over with enthusiasm.

"I know." I replied calmly trying to wrap my head around what was happening.

"I wonder if it's going to be a boy or a girl! When will you tell Leo? When are you going to start decorating the room? When will you tell mom and dad?!" Rachel gushed on our way home.

"Rachel please don't tell anyone yet. I want Leo to be the first to know." I warned as she dropped me off at my house.

How do I tell him?

I laid in bed and checked YouTube for some dramatic ways to reveal your pregnancy to your husband but they were way too dramatic. There's no way I'm going to make photocopies of my test result and paste them on the wall all over the room.

I could play nonchalant and leave the test result just casually laying on the bed so he could see it.

A knock on the door brought me back to my reality.

That's definitely not Leo or he wouldn't need permission to come inside.

"Come in." I dragged as I shifted to the edge of the bed.

Emilia walked in with a glass of juice in her hand. She dropped the tray on the bedside stool.

"Thank you Emilia." I smiled at her.

"I found this on the staircase." She lifted up a white paper which looked like the test result paper.

I immediately grabbed my purse from my bed and rummaged through it trying to be certain that it's not what I think it is.

It's not here.

My eyes darted towards what she held in her hand and I immediately reached for it.

"Did you open it?"

"Are you pregnant ma'am?"

My eyes widened and anger overtook my features. "Who told you that you could open this?"

"I'm sorry. I just saw a piece of paper casually laying on the floor and had to see if it was useful or not so I could dispose of it." She calmly explained.

I sighed, "I'm sorry, I don't know why I flared up like that." I apologized.

"Congratulations ma'am. Please stay hydrated." She congratulated as she gestured towards the juice she brought me.

"Thank you." I smiled and stretched to get the juice. "Is this apple?" I questioned when I tried it.

"It is, and a special fruit." She winked causing me to chuckle.

"No wonder it tastes different."

As I waited anxiously for Leo to return home, I started to feel hot and dizzy. Although it's spring is at its peak, I shouldn't feel this hot.

I laid on my bed hoping to feel better after I rest but I didn't. I got extremely sweaty and my throat felt dry. I reached for the jug beside my bed but it was empty.

"Emilia!" I called out but it only came out as a weak yell.

What's wrong with me?

I used my hand to search my bed for my phone. As I got a hold of it, I lifted up to my face and the brightness from the screen made me yelp. As my Face ID didn't work, I had to slowly type on the screen and immediately it opened I sighed.