Chapter 20

W I N T E R

"So it's just you both going out for dinner?" Rachel questioned me for the millionth time through my phone.

"Yes," I groaned.

"And he wants to be friends?" She snickered.

"I don't have time for this," I rolled my eyes. "I'm running late." I tried to leave the conversation before she asks me any more questions .

"I'll call you later to ask how the dinner went." She teased.

"It is not a date!" I yelled over the phone before hanging up.

Rachel is impossible! This isnt a date. Its just unfortunate that Cassidy and Iris are both unavailabe.

I assessed my look in the mirror and nodded my head in approval. After grabbing my black chanel purse, I left my room and made my way downstairs and saw Leonardo leaning by a pillar at living room while using his phone.

"I'm sorry I took longer to get ready, I was on the phone with Rachel and she wouldn't stop talking," I apologized.

He shifted his gaze from his phone to me before standing up straight and for a split second I could see a sparkle in his eyes before it faded, "Its alright. Where is Iris and Cassidy?" He asked.

"Well apparently they had other plans and they won't be joining us for dinner." I answered him.

L E O N A R D O

So it's going to be just us? Shit.

"Shall we?" Winter gestured to the door and I nodded.

I walked in front and held the door open so she could pass then closed it as I exited the house.

"Let's take my car." She immediately offered as soon as we walked out the door to the garage and were faced with different cars.

She held the key up and pressed the open button. A black 2021 Mercedes, it's cute.

We got into the car and she pressed the start engine button. The interior of the car had that new smell so I think it's her first time driving this car.

The car ride was quiet, the only sound we could both hear was her playlist blasting through the speakers. Her taste in music was quite weird, it was a mix of K-Pop, Rap and slow songs.

We stopped in front of the restaurant and got valet parking. The restaurant wasn't really fancy, instead it was quite ordinary. I watched Winter step out of the car dressed in denim pants, a white twist crop top and an olive colored jacket. Her blonde hair was let loose and moved with the wind.

Wait why am I noticing her outfit?

I pushed my thoughts to the back of my mind was walked beside Winter. At the entrance, the door was held open for us by a smiling young man.

As soon as we stepped in, the aroma of food filled the whole atmosphere. It was busy and you could hear little conversations from here and there. The restaurant's main theme was white and green plants hung around the wall to give off a natural vibe.

We took a seat and a almost immediately, the waiter brought us the menu. After about five minutes, I saw what I wanted to eat and informed the waiter, Winterr did the same and the waiter excused himself afterwards.

She took her ut her phone and she kept tapping the phone screen like she was texting someone.

"This place is nice," I leaned back to my seat and she shifted her gaze from the phone to me.

"Yeah it is, my mom showed me this restaurant once and it became a favorite because of how great the food is." She smiled, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"Maybe ut can also be my favorite, I love good food." I smirked.

"Take my word for it." She vouched for them.

"Alright then, but what if I don't like it?" I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Thst would be rare but if you don't like it, I've been to a couple of great restaurants both here and abroad. I can show you others." She boasted.

"Deal." I stretched out my hand to her.

"Deal." She took it while maintaining a huge grin.

Her soft palms against mine while watching her smile made me feel some sort of warmness, I wonder why.

"So what kind of a doctor are you?" She asked after we dropped our hands.

"I'm a cardiologist." I answered.

Her blue eyes spark curiosity, "Heart doctor right?" She guessed.

"Right." I confirmed. "You're running your dads company right?" I asked her.

"Yep, how come you didn't takeover your dad's?"

"I really didn't have that much interest in the business and well after high school certain things happened and I made up my mind to save lives instead." I explained to her.

Our waiter brought Winter's food first but she didn't open it.

"What happened?" She pryed."

"Nothing major, just some stuffs." I didn't drag the conversation.

" I'm sorry if my question made you uncomfortable, I didn't mean to pry." She sipped her juice.

"No no no it's fine!" I dismissed. "It's just not something I like talking about." I sighed.

The waiter brought my food and placed it on the table before he left agsin.

"I understand." She gave me a resssuring look. "Now dig in." She instructed gesturing to the plate of French fries and frief chicken in front of me.

The atmosphere didn't feel heavy anymore, it was light because as we ate, we discussed other things.

"You know I find it really hard to picture you look serious while performing surgeries," She began.

"Why?" I wondered.

"Well because of our first encounter. You drink and hang around a lot of girls, typical playboy." She snorted.

"Doctors are the most ignorant rule breakers. They know the consequences of doing what they do but they do it regardless."

"You're crazy!" She joked and I chuckled.

"You know you give off CEO vibes? You're arrogant and you always have a comeback for me."

"What?" She gasped. "Me? Arrogant?" She asked but didn't give me a chance to answer. "Excuse you? That's rich coming from you." She retorted.

"Winter there's no need to get defensive, I'm just saying." I shrugged.

"Okay that's enough! Can we just eat now?" She rolled her eyes.

"Wait are you mad?"

"No." She answered a little too quickly.

"So you are mad then?"

"No." She repeated.

"I-."

"You know I just think it's incredible that when we met, you spilled your drink all over me and when I stood up for myself, you call me arrogant." She interrupted me then ranted before pausing to glare at me.

"I was just playing chill," I tried to play it off with a smile.

"Well you obviously do not know anything about women."

"So maybe I can't read women emotions properly but I definitely know how to pleasure a woman and I think that's enough." I retorted while staring at her.

Her lips were set in a hard line and she focused on her food eating silently.

Why did I say that?! Now the atmosphere is weird. Say something else.

"The food here is nice," I admitted.

"I told you didn't I?" Her face brightened again.

**