Chapter 8

L E O N A R D O

I'm really starting to think that girl's following me because what is this coincidence?!

I grumbled my way outside the party where I took out a cup, poured vodka from my flask and gulped it down.

She always has a way of making me get upset. I threw the disposable cup away and made my way inside.

As I walked inside the hall, a lady who looked oddly familiar ran out of the hall with tears in her eyes.

She was wearing the same dress Winter wore this evening, but why would she run out in such a manner? Women and their drama.

While shaking my head I walked inside and everywhere was still as boring as it was when I left.

I hate these company parties, they just annoy the hell out of me and why do I even need to attend them? I'm a doctor for Christ's sake! I have nothing to do with this business!

"Hey, congratulations man! I didn't take you to be such a serious person!" One of my dads friends son greeted with a smile.

"Excuse me?" I asked him.

"With the Simpsons, you really hit the jackpot with that one. I heard she's quite a difficult fish to catch."

I squinted my eyes trying to understand what he was saying but nothing came to my mind.

"Uh I'll be back." I lied and excused myself because all the guy was saying didn't make any sense.

Rolling my eyes, I walked to meet my sister, Leah, who stood beautiful in a red body con dress talking to her friends.

"Leah, can I talk to you for a second?" I interrupted her conversation with her two friends.

Leah turned back and her dark eyes met mine. After seeing it was me, a smile made its way to her face and she nodded.

"I'll be right back guys!" She told her friends then came to me.

"Where were you?! I tried to search for you when dad was making an announcement but I couldn't find you!" Her smile turned into a straight face while glaring at me.

Leah Castro, the youngest in the Castro clan, my only and favorite person in the world.

"Why's your hair sticking out of the bun?" I noticed, she stood confused for a second and so I helped put it back inside her bun.

"Hey!" She placed her hand on her hips. "Don't change the subject! Where did you go?! Did you run off with some random girl again?" She questioned me.

I chuckled. Leah has always been like this, trying to look out for me and forgetting that I'm older and that it is my responsibility to take care and worry about her.

"I wasn't with some girl, I just had to drink." I confessed.

"You should reduce your alcohol consumption, you're a doctor, you should know what it does to your liver on the long run."

"Yes Leah, I know."

"Some doctor you are!"

"Leah, I didn't come here to get scolded by you you know. I wanted to ask if you've seen Timothy around."

"I'll scold you regardless Lee," she smiled at me. "Timothy was here like minutes before you came in, did you try calling him?" She asked me.

"Tim doesn't even answer calls on a normal day, chances of him answering is quite low." I answered.

"He may be in the front though, I'm not sure." She added, looking towards the direction of the stage.

"Thanks," I kissed her cheek before leaving.

"Leo wait! I need to talk about the announcement dad made!" She called after me loud enough for me to hear.

"We'll talk about it at home, I need to find Tim first." I told her as I walked away to look for my friend.

My eyes found my mom and dad in the company of Timothy and Timothy's parents.

There he is!

I joined them on the table and greeted everyone, while Tim shot me death glares, my parents gave me a concerned look, Timothy's parents looked as glad as ever.

"Congratulations sweetie," Mrs Katherine Valdez greeted me with a warm hug.

Timothy's parents and mine have been doing business together for about twenty two years. While I was in high school, I never really talked to Tim until we went to college together and have been really close since then. He was the only one I willingly told about Riona and his parents were basically mine and Leah's godparents.

"Thank you?" I said rather confused about why I was getting congratulated.

"Look how confused he looks," Mr Patrick Valdez commented. "He's acting like he doesn't know." He chuckled and then my parents chuckled along with him.

Know about what?

"Know abo-."

"Leo! Let's talk!" Tim stomped towards me, still maintaining the glare.

I walked with Tim to another table where he wouldn't throwing daggers at me with his eyes. As he said nothing, I took a bottle of wine and began to fill a glass with it.

"You are getting married and you didn't think to tell me?! And to the girl from before?! Are you crazy?! Leonardo, I thought we were friends-."

"Dude shut up for a sec." I paused on the spot and dropped the bottle back on the table while he went quiet. "What did you say?" I asked him.

"I asked if you were crazy." He muttered.

"Before that."

"The girl from earlier?"

"Wait, before that too."

"You're getting married?"

"Yeah that." I turned my gaze to him. "What? Where did you get that?" I asked him.

"Uh your dad announced it today at the party." He answered me.

"What?!" I let out a scoff then clenched my fists in anger before turning my gaze to my parents who were immersed in a conversation with Tim's parents.

How dare they?

I took a deep breath and unclenched my fists then walked out of the hall.

They can't decide who I'll marry. Heck they can't decide if I will get married or not. How can they just plan a whole wedding without informing me? Then the public gets to know about my wedding even before I do?

Absolutely not.

I got into my car and drove off to the airport. There wasn't much of a crowd so I just walked up to the counter.

"Good day, how may I help you?" A smiling attendant asked me.

"When's the next plane taking off and where is going?" I asked her back.

"Hold on a minute," she said to me before typing away on her system. "In about thirty minutes and it's going to London." She confirmed.

"I'd like first class tickets please." I informed her.

Get married? No way in hell will I let that happen. They can't convince me if I'm far away.

**

Merry Christmas everyone!

Happy holidays🎄