(24) Lead the way

The next day...

THIRD POV

Before they left Chiron gave Zoe $200 and 10 drachmas for the trip. Just as she planned Zoe left the hunters with Atlanta in charge. 

She approached Percy the night before and asked him to join. He was quite eager to go. She also asked him about yesterday's events but he appeared to be quite clueless. 

***flashback***

"Did you happened to see me when you ran to the beach yesterday?" 

"No, I don't recall. But to be fair I don't remember much yesterday. Lord Apollo told me that I was found unconscious but nothing more." 

"I see..."

***flashback end***

She was at a loss. Maybe she had dreamed the whole thing. 

After her conversation with Percy, she broke the news to Bianca who she found was relieved. She scolded herself for even thinking of bringing an inexperienced hunter. 

PERCY POV

A few minutes after we crossed the barrier... I'm sorry but I just had to ask, "Where are we going?"

Everyone stopped where they were and Zoe turned to me. I could have sworn that the look in her eyes said 'you are so stupid but then she opened her mouth, looked me in the eye, and said "I don't know."

Please don't kill me the horror please pl- wait... what did she just say.

"What!" uh oh "what do you mean you don't know," a certain blonde screamed.

"Well, how am I suppose to know.'

"You are the one who is leading us!!!' Chaos began after that. I couldn't even hear myself think with all the screaming going on.

"Alright Right enough!!! You're arguing isn't going to solve anything. It's better if we just see what the prophecy says." I yelled over them. When it seemed that I got all of their attention I continued to talk. "Okay, it said 'They will go west Where the Huntress failed her test.'' I looked over to the two huntresses "What is that supposed to mean? Did one of you fail a math test or something?"

If looks could kill we would all be dead by now. "No you idiot" the lieutenant said.

''No seriously I get it, math can be hard... and then there's English....''

''No! I doubt that the prophecy would be about a stupid failed math test!''

''Well you never know"

''Oh gods what do I see in you'' I think I heard Annabeth mumble something along those lines but I couldn't really hear.

"What" I question.

"Nothing."

"I know where we're going," said Zoe. 

"And that is...?" Annabeth asked. 

"Mount Othrys"

Annabeth gave her a look asking her to elaborate but Zoe deliberately ignored it and I interjected before they started fighting again, "Looks like we're heading there."