(26) I will Find you Part 3

TRIGGER WARNING!!!: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT.

PERCY POV

"YOU!!" Percy exclaimed.

Dr. Thorn just laughed in response, "What? Didn't expect to see me so soon?"

"You ugly bastard," Zoe growled. "Where's Lady Artemis?"

"You hurt my feelings you better be careful what you say girl or your mistress will suffer more than she has to. But don't worry. She is in the company of a good friend at the moment"

The huntress' eyes widened "Where is she what have you done to her" Zoe glared

Dr. Thorn didn't even flinch, in fact, he found the whole situation humorous. He put on an evil grin that made me want to tear it off of his face and rip him apart until he was split into a million pieces.

But no matter how much I wanted to, I couldn't. My mind kept going back to Artemis. Sure she is tough she can handle herself but for some reason, there was a tightening in my chest. I don't know why but every time I think about her it always seems to happen.

And besides Dr. Thorn had control of the situation right now we have no idea who he is working with but what we do know is that he has Artemis held captive. One wrong move and this quest would be all for nothing.

"Easy little girl. Before you worry about your mistress, I suggest you take care of that chimera first". He destroys the door and the items barricading it. "See you next time my dears" he calls out before disappearing.

A roar rang through my ears "Zoe Annabeth Luke you take the control of the train and tell us when it's time to jump. Thalia, Phoebe, and I will handle the basilisk." I said rushing to the second part of the train. I uncapped Riptide and charged at the monster with Thalia and Phoebe behind me.

Thalia had a spear and a shield in the other hand while Phoebe stayed a few feet back to have a clear shot of the monster using her bow but also had her throwing knives ready just in case the monster got too close.

Thalia first caught the monster's attention by distracting it from me while I sneaked to the side to stab it. Unfortunately,  it caught on and pivoted, slamming against the wall with its large body in the process. The goat head turned to me while the chimer got off its hind legs and kicked. The sheer force caused a me-sized dent in the wall and a few broken ribs. 

"That's definitely going to leave a mark." I groaned. 

"Percy!" Thalia called out in worry. 

The chimera then knocked Thalia away leaving her with and minor injury on her leg. Fortunately, the monster still hadn't noticed Phoebe so when she released an arrow it landed straight in its eye shooting straight through his head. It let out a roar of pain that could've been heard 5 miles away. But it was not enough to take it down.  It pounced at Phoebe before she could even realize it. The huntress was frozen in place. 

I knew what the monster was capable of. Its bite was very venomous. Even a small nip was enough to be fatal. I wanted to do something but I couldn't it hurt too much to move and not to mention I was too far away.

Then all of a sudden there was this sense of protection inside of me that willed me to get up even with the amount of pain that was inflicted upon me just moments before. My arms and ribs were so sore and not to mention the pain on my back and on my head when I was thrown but all of a sudden that pain decreased making it bearable.

I don't know what happened or how it happened but here I was pushing Phoebe out of the way taking the hit for her. Phoebe's eyes widened in shock at what I had done. The chimera left 3 claw marks across my back. I felt him cut deep into my skin yet I did not feel the pain.