(31) Everthing's Just Fine

A/N:  So last time I said I would mention the first person to answer which chapter the purple liquid was in.

The correct answer is, I will Find you Part 5.

Congratulations @Amethyst-TimeLady for getting it correctly.

*********

THIRD POV

"Ahhh," his eyelids flew open revealing ocean green.

His entire body was covered in sweat and his heart was pound out of his chest.

"Huh. It's just a nightmare," he sighed in relief. "I haven't had those in a while. 

As he focused more on his surrounding he realized the room was completely dark. He looked outside his window to find that moon was still high in the sky. Turning to the side to get into a more comfortable position, he caught a glimpse of the clock, 2:50.

he should get more sleep as he had a long day ahead. He grabbed his second pillow and pulled it close to his chest and let sleep take over.

*******
He woke up to a pounding on the door.

"Percy!" The pounding started again. "Get up"

Percy threw the covers and put a shirt on as he rushed to the door.

He swung the door open, revealing Grover, "It's about time you got up. Come on let's go. Breakfast is about to be served."

The son of Poseidon quickly used the restroom and he walked with Grover to the pavilion.

"Hey, you okay man? You don't look so good" Grover asked

"Oh, I'm just tired. I didn't just didn't get much sleep and you know with all the crazy things that happened the past few days."

Grover nods his head understandingly.

When they reached the pavilion everyone was there except the hunters.

"Hey, where are the hunters?" Percy asked.

"Oh they're just in a mini-mission with Lady Artemis that Zeus sent them on" 

"Already!" Shouldn't sh-they be resting?"

Grover raised an eyebrow at him questioningly before replying, "l guess so but it was Lady Artemis who insisted. Don't worry they're used to these kinds of things."

"I'm not worried, just curious."

"Uh-huh," Grover replied not completely believing him.

"Hey, guys" A blonde Athenian shouted as she walked over to them.
"What took you so long?" she asked when she finally reached them.

"Stop complaining. You try waking him up."

The girl just rolled her eyes and turned her attention to Percy giving him a peck on the cheek. 

"Hey you and the hunters seemed to have gotten close," Grover said.

"What that ridiculous." The smile on Annabeth's face disappeared as Percy denied it. "I literally just met them like a couple of weeks ago" 

"Hmmm" Grover teased. "I've seen the way you looked at the goddess too." He wiggled his brows suggestively. 

Annabeth slowed down a few paces so she was behind them but not enough to draw their attention. Her fist balled up as Grover continued to tease Percy.

"I said that's enough Grover! Don't even joke about that." Suddenly screamed out drawing everyone's attention. Grover was frozen in place, taken aback by the outburst. Percy had never yelled at him like that before.

He watched as Percy stomped off in the opposite direction. He was heading towards the beach where he could be alone.

Meanwhile, the smirk on Annabeth's lips was left unnoticed.

Before anyone could see, she changed her demeanor, "Why'd you have to go and do that Grover!" She said worriedly.

"I was just teasing him. I didn't know he was going to react like that."

Annabeth quickly turned around and ran after Percy.

When she found him, she saw him sitting on the sand with his elbows on his knees while his hands cupped his chin.

"Hey, you okay?" Annabeth asked making a move to sit next to him.

"Yeah. I don't know why I reacted that way. I wasn't even that mad or annoyed."

He was met with silence. And the two just sat close to each other watching the waves come in.

"It's a nice day today." Annabeth started. "The weather's just right and we have no monsters to deal with. No quests." Her head was at the crook of his neck but Percy didn't push her away.

"Hmmm" Percy agreed.

"You know what Grover said. It isn't true right. I don't like her-well I do but not like that."

Their forehead was pressed against each other's and their noses were touching.

"Yeah"

"Good," and he leaned in.

A/N: Short update, sorry.

Hoped you liked it. There will be angst and Percabeth (unfortunately, and hopefully you don't hate me for that) in future chapters so bear with me here.

Anyways that's it for now. Until next time