(10) The State of Being Unconscious

PERCY POV

I woke up to darkness. Nothing but pitch black all around me except a bright light that seemed very far. I chased after it, just a few steps and it already felt like I ran a marathon. After what seemed like an eternity I finally made it to the end. The places filled with light that soon faded away. Once it was gone I saw myself in front of me. I raised my hand to touch what seemed like an older version of myself but my hand went through. What the Hades is going on here.

PJ (the other version of me) stood there smiling at something that was behind me. I turned around to see it was a woman. I couldn't see her face as it was covered in a blur but I knew for a fact she was beautiful. PJ ran past me yelling something but I couldn't hear a thing. PJ brought her into a tight hug while spinning around. When he put her down they engaged in another conversation while he put his arm around her shoulder. they walked away toward the beach and I followed them. They ran around playing in the water splashing at each other. Somehow this felt so familiar like this has happened before. I looked so happy. who could have brought so much happiness into my life?

Night soon came and they sat in the sand. PJ pointed at the starry sky smiling. The rest of the night she continued to talk about the constellations but I could tell he wasn't listening to her. He was completely enamored and it wasn't with the night sky.

The darkness came with a pain that I have never felt before.

***flash***

I was on top of some sort of summit. Below where I stood were steps that seemed to have no end. As my eyes adjusted to the darkness I saw layers of dead bodies surrounding me. Some were missing some limbs while others were just bone and rotten flesh.

I backed away but stumbled in the process. I turned around and came face to face with an unknown being.

"I will take away everything from you. You will have nothing left," it said.

My feet were glued to the floor. I couldn't move away. It grasped me by the throat and darkness filled me once more.

 It grasped me by the throat and darkness filled me once more

A/N: I drew that. It's not the best but that's how I depicted it to be.