(5) Hidden

PERCY POV

I grabbed Artemis's hand making her stop. When I grabbed her I froze in place and then blurred images started flashing in my mind.

I saw myself in what I think was a throne room with all the gods including the minor ones. A girl was standing right beside me. Then Lord Zeus stood up from his throne held out his hand toward me and started chanting. Then he held out the master bold and zapped me but before I could figure out what happened next there was another flash.

This time I think I was the same girl. I still couldn't make out her face but we were at the beach walking along the shore. We were poking each other but playing tag at the same time. We went into the water and started splashing water at each other. We kept on laughing until our stomachs hurt. Then there was another flash.

I saw the girl hunting with this guy I never saw before. Even though I couldn't see her face I knew she was quite fond of the guy. For some reason when I saw her with him I had a pain in my chest and I could not point out why. Another flash came.

I looked at my hands and they were covered in blood. I looked down and found the source. It came from the guy that she was with. His guts were everywhere and there was a huge pool of blood. I looked at my hands again and found that I had a bloody sword in my hand. Another flash came.

This time I was with a bunch of people I couldn't recognize. They all seemed happy. We were singing campfire songs. We were laughing and playing. Another flash.

Then suddenly an immense pain started building up inside me. Finally, it became too much for me and I fell and blacked out.