(29) Rescue the Maiden Part 1

TRIGGER WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT

PERCY POV

That was weird. It felt like I had some connection to him or something.

I glanced back at the dragon in its sleeping state. I had to fight the urge of walking towards him.

"Percy" I turned around facing Zoe "We have to go"

I nodded and let her lead the way.

We ran down the hall and found ourselves in another big empty space with 9 different shafts in the wall.  A big one in the middle and four smaller ones on each side.

Shoot! I have a bad feeling about this. It's just like earlier.

Just as I finished my thoughts loud roars and screams filled the area.

Hades!!! Why did I have to jinx it!!!!

The ground shook each time the noise got louder.

Everyone stood in a fighting position and took out their weapons.

A figure came out of the shadows revealing Dr. Thorn

I gritted my teeth together and clenched riptide.

"Ahhh demigods. I will admit that I'm quite impressed. I didn't think you would survive this long. However! Don't get too excited. You will meet your doom soon enough. Haha"

"Shut up. Where's Artemis!" I shouted.

"Nu uh uhhh" he said moving his finger side to side. "Don't be rude, boy. Hasn't your mother taught you manners"

"Of course she has. But I only show respect to those who deserve it"

Dr. Thorn snarled back. "I'll give you one last chance. Leave now or face your doom. "

"No not without her."

"Very well you have sealed your fate. ATTACK!!!"

Just then a small army of monsters swarmed the area targeting us.

Luke ran up first and we followed after him. The huntresses covered our backs as we rushed up to fight the monsters.

A hell hound pounced on me and I slashed.

So far I was able to keep up but I found myself getting tired as we kept fighting. My stamina was draining fast. 

The number of monsters overwhelmed me. I fell to the ground and rolled over to avoid the chimera. Apparently it survived the explosion but was still very injured. It's come back for vengeance. I guess it's really mad that I sliced off its tail. I tried crawling away but ended up being dragged back by the chimera.

Before the Chimera could do anything else a sword slashed through it turning it into dust.

"Thanks," I said grabbing his hand as he helped me up.

"Hey Perce wanna make this fun," Luke said with a smirk.

"What do you have in mind?"

"Let's make a bet. The person to kill the least amount of monsters
has to be the winner's servant for 3 days"

"1 week"

"2 weeks"

"1 month"

"3 months"

"3 days"

"Okaaayyy. So chimeras are 5 points, hellhounds are 3 points, empou-"

"Wait. Wait. Stop. That's too much math!"