(30) Rescue the Maiden Part 2

TRIGGER WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT

THIRD POV

Percy charged through the endless halls, adrenaline pumping through his veins. He had no idea where he was going he just let his instincts take over.

He caught sight of large doors. He somehow knew it wasn't where he would find the goddess but he went towards it anyways.

The two doors were 25 feet tall. It was made of thick wood and had a pair of horizontal metal bars attached to each one. The door handles were rings inside of a ram's mouth.

Percy slowly approached the door, bringing his hand up to hold the handle. But he stopped midway. He hesitated. Something inside of him was drawing him towards the door. He sensed great power behind the doors. It was as if the doors would burst open with the amount of energy that was hidden away. He shook his head and got a hold of himself. He knew he should leave, he was wasting time. And so he did. He turned away letting his instincts take over again and lead him to Artemis.

After running for several minutes he finally arrived at another set of doors but this one was made out of steel. There was no doubt in his mind that these doors were locked from the outside and charging into it wouldn't make it budge. So instead he stepped back. He detected the moisture in the air and brought up his hands to harness his powers. Soon enough he had at least two gallons of water in front of him. It wasn't a lot but it was enough to take the door down. He shifted his hands moving the water the way he wanted to. The blob of water was now divided into four parts in the shape of shards. Percy directed them to the door's hinges and threw them. At first, nothing happened but not a moment later the steel door fell down.

The fallen door revealed a woman in white, dirty, tattered clothes, wearing no shoes, chest revealed and chained to the wall. Her body was covered in blood and bruises. Her head hung low but couldn't tell if it was because of shame or how badly she was beaten. In her state, it was almost impossible to tell who it was but her auburn hair gave it away.

"Lady Artemis!" Percy called out.

She didn't move. He called out again. She didn't move.

He walked up to her and carefully cupped her bruised cheek to lift her face.

Percy became petrified. The once silver eyes that matched the moon are now lifeless and a dull grey.

"What have they done to you" Percy cried out.

"Well if it isn't my own brother," called out an unfamiliar voice but somehow he felt like he heard it before.

A muscular man came out of the shadows. He wore a hooded cape, a helmet that covered everything but his eyes and mouth, a celestial bronze chest plate, and a tunic underneath.

"Who are you" the shorter boy called out.

"Oh don't be like that." The former hunter said in mock hurt.

Percy's face came into the dim light and Orion became confused. 

"Remarkable," Orion thought out loud. "You're the spitting image of him." 

Percy stared at the muscular man moving a few steps forward in his own confusion.

"The name is Orion," he said taking off his helmet.

Percy's eyes widened, "But you're supposed to be dead. Apollo tricked Artemis into killing you."

Orion laughed dryly, "Is that what they've been saying these days. Did they really degrade my death to a girl who uses a twig as a weapon?"