(20) The Amazing Cover Up

****previously****

"Percy stop. Calm down bro," Spoke nonother than his best friend, Luke. He gripped Percy's shoulder trying to pull him off but it was no use. Percy burst into flames with sparks of electricity around him, shocking everyone around him including the gods.

This caused Luke to fall on the ground cursing as he stared at his burned hand. He pulled his hand to his chest as if it would somehow lessen the pain.

"What the hell!" he yelled. "How do you have control over fire and lightning?! You're a child of Poseidon."

After hearing what he said all the gods paled.

***Present***

THIRD POV

After that whole commotion, everyone (except for Percy and the gods) froze... literally.

"Ahhh" Percy cried out kneeling while clutching his head between his hands in pain. Soon enough he collapsed but Apollo caught him before he could fall over. The 'natural' disasters began to weaken and fade. The gods sighed in relief when they were finally able to lift the barrier.

Everyone turned to Zeus. The king of the gods had the power to control the electrical pulses in living beings. He had the power to sway the minds and to an extent, control weaker beings. But since it was too dangerous he refused to wield the power. He saw the extent of its damage during Eden's Great War and had not used it until now. 

"That should buy us some time" he spoke. 

"What are we going to do. They can't find out about Percy," said Hephaestus. 

After healing Luke's burnt hand and some of Dave's injuries (much to his dismay) Apollo stated, "I will look over him in the infirmary. You can discuss what you're going to do and get fill me in later" and then he left.

"Did he just take the easy way out of this?"
"He's smarter than you give him credit for."

Just then Hermes flashed in. "Woah what happened here?" he questioned as he observed the situation. 

Athena gave him a brief summary. 

"Well, whatever you plan to do it quick. Uncle P was too busy to attend the meeting earlier but I'm pretty sure that spike of energy got his attention. He's bound to be here any minute now." 

The color drained from their face. They already had enough on their plate as is. If Poseidon found out about the truth it would make matters worse and jeopardize everything. And no doubt he would view their lies and secrecy as an act of betrayal. 

Suddenly Athena's light bulb went off, "What if Hera wipes away their memories?"

Everyone agreed but Hera immediately shut down the idea, "It's one thing to wipe away the memory of one person but the entire camp is another matter. We have weakened significantly since the olden days and may I remind you that I still have to save my energy for the war."

"Oh right." she sounded defeated. "But what if Aphrodite assisted you with the charm speak and we manipulate the mist? That way the burden would be shared with all of us and you would only have to wipe away portions of their memories." 

"That might work," the queen said thoughtfully. But you'll have to convince Aphrodite to come here." 

Athena winced. Aphrodite had been present during a meeting earlier. But once it was announced that Artemis had been kidnapped she promptly left. It wasn't hard to assess that they had gotten to a fight. Their ideals differed which caused them to quarrel frequently but it rarely gets to the point where one would ignore if the other is injured or in danger. Of course, there was an exception when it directly involved Artemis' hunters or Perseus. 

"She'll help," Hephaestus interjected wistfully. "This affects Perseus. She wouldn't risk his life over a petty argument."

"Then Hermes bring her quickly" Zeus ordered. 

"Right away father," flashed out.   

Ten minutes later Hermes appeared back at camp with a distressed look. 

"Where is he? Is he ok?" she asked worriedly. 

"He's fine," Athena answered assuming Hermes filled her in. "At least he will be. Apollo is taking care of him as we speak. Right now we have something more important to take care of." 

She began to explain her plan to the gods. 

******
Apollo carried Percy to the infirmary and by the way for a 14-year-old boy, he was very heavy. By the time he got him on the bed, the god was already gasping for breath. Straightening up his posture he examined Percy not finding and major damage, just minor bruises on his fist and blood on his shirt but pretty sure it wasn't his.

Apollo worked on him for about 15 minutes, attending to his injuries. When he was done, the prince of the sea had yet to wake.