(2) ReBirth

IMPORTANT!!!!!!! MUST READ 👇👇👇❗️❗️❗️
A/N (2021): Hey guys if you're rereading this chapter you'll find it to be different because I rewrote the entire thing with minor but important plot changes. Further chapters are also going to be rewritten.

********

3,000 years later
ZEUS POV

I was currently cowering behind my throne as my wife yelled at me after discovering another one of my affairs. I didn't mean to betray her but the temptation is just too much.

"I can't believe you cheated on me again! After making the oath with Hades and Poseidon I thought you'd finally stop but I was wrong. And you dare act like you're above Hades and Poseidon when you couldn't even keep it in your own pants. I SHOULD KILL ALL YOUR CHILDREN!" my wife ranted.

"Forgive me, dear. I'll take any punishment you give me but please do not harm my children. They are not at fault." Zeus pleaded.

"Forgive you? Forgive you! FORGIVE YOU! AFTER EVERYTHING YOU'VE DONE YOU WANT ME TO FORGIVE YOU! For the past several thousand years I have been nothing but loyal to you yet you cannot do the same. Not even a month after our marriage and you had already strayed."

I felt a heaviness in my heart and conscience. Shame and guilt filled me. Everything she had said was true, but I didn't say anything. I knew it would not do me any good.

"I'm tired, Zeus. I'm very tired. You never understood how much it hurts and you never will."

"What are you suggesting?" I Asked, anger slightly overtaking my previous emotions. I certainly didn't like where this was going.

She continued, "After the Big Three Oath I believed we could start anew but I now know that I was wrong. First, you had twins and I let it slide to the best of my ability but now this! I ca-"

The queen of the gods was interrupted by a sudden flash of light that soon spread throughout the room. The light was brighter than what any god or Olympian could emit, as a result, the king and queen had to look away. Even with their eyes averted from the source, they could still feel the familiar aura rolling toward them. As soon as the light diminished Hera and I stood up from our thrones, got on one knee, and lowered our heads.

"Rise" commanded Clotho. Hera and I did as we were told and sat back on our thrones.

"My ladies, why the sudden visit?"

"It has been 3,000 years," Lachesis stated. "3,000 years since he has graced us with his presence. Now it is time."

"My ladies, what are you saying?" I asked while being suspicious at their cryptic tone.

"He is coming back" Atropos answered. "For his heroic deeds, he has been awarded a second chance a life. But due to circumstances, he is to be reborn as a child of Poseidon. He will not remember anything about his past life. I advise that you do not intentionally interfere with his life. We know you miss him but he has to regain his memories naturally or else it would be painful for him. His body and mind will need time to prepare and adjust. Until then, you are to try your best to not contact him."

"Lady Fates I don't understand."

"Perseus is coming you nitwit." Lachesis frowned at his stupidity. She thought it was obvious at this point.

Overjoyed by the news, Zeus ignored the insult thrown at him. Also, insulting the fates is not such a smart idea. "Shouldn't we inform the rest of the council about this?"

A moment of silence filled the room before all the sisters responded simultaneously, "Very well, you may do so. But heed our warning. Artemis and Poseidon should not know about this until he has regained his memories."