(7) The Council Meeting

A/N: And the answer is Orion. So congrats to those of you who guessed it right.

ARTEMIS POV

After I spoke with my brother I flashed to Olympus

****
When I got there my father was sitting on his throne. He seemed to be lost in his thoughts but looked up when he sensed my presence.

"Why have you come here daughter," he asked

"Father please gather the council it concerns a demigod that was a part of the quest."
He made a frown but soon gathered the council.

After a few minutes, all of the Olympians had arrived except for my brother. Then he finally flashed in with a blank face. He was emotionless except for the fear hidden in his eyes.

"Why are we here brother?" Poseidon asked
"Artemis will explain."

Immediately I started explaining the situation and finally finished after many interruptions.

"That's my son! What- how could this happen?" Poseidon asked with a hint of anger.

"Um... We are not sure yet uncle" Apollo replied.

"Apollo you checked up on him, correct?" Father said

"Yes, father." He replied. "I don't think his condition is too serious but I would still like to further analyze him. I am still unsure what caused this to happen but there have been many... anomalies lately. So I would like to request Athena's aid on the matter. Another pair of eyes could be helpful." He explained.

"Very well," Athena responded.

"Wait. You mean to tell me my son is not well yet?" Poseidon interrupted worriedly.

"Unfortunately no uncle. He has not woken up yet. But as I said it shouldn't be too serious. And if anything does come up, Athena will be with me." He tried to reassure.

Poseidon nodded.

"Very well. Artemis I want you and your hunters along with the demigods to stay at camp half-blood once he has awoken. When I have a new mission for you or receive a sign of a higher level of monster activity I will send a message for your service." My father said.

"As you wish father," I replied.

"And make sure to keep an eye on the boy. But try not to go near him"
" Yes sir."

"Alright. If needed we will review this matter later. For now, the council dismissed."

******

THIRD POV

As expected Artemis and Poseidon had flashed out first. Artemis never really liked being on Olympus and preferred to stay with the hunt. Meanwhile, Poseidon had the entire ocean to look after so he always found himself busy. He had little time to spend away from his domain.

This proved to be beneficial for the council. They didn't have to explain to the two why they remained when Zeus had dismissed them.

"Explain Apollo," Zeus ordered with a frown.

"When I went to see Perseus in his tent he seemed fine but when I got closer and touched him to examine his temperature his aura started flowing out. It was suffocating and even temporarily burned me." the sun god responded as he revealed the faint mark on his hand. It seemed to be healing and wouldn't have been noticeable unless it was pointed out.

"He had a fever when I left and he kept muttering incomprehensible words" Apollo continued.

A moment of silence had passed then Zeus finally asked, "Do you have anything to say about this Athena?"

"No father. I have never heard of a case like this. It could be due to the effects of his unorthodox reincarnation. Or it could be the consequences that the lady fates warned us about." the goddess of wisdom replied.

"If that's the case then this is far more dangerous than we thought. He simply touched her. This might even trigger his memories." Aphrodite supplied.

"Agreed. Dionysus, I want you to check on Perseus from time to time. We need to make sure Artemis stays away from him while they are at camp. Athena and Apollo if his condition turns for the worst I want you to notify me immediately."

"But father what of the Hades' children?" Hermes asked.

"Nothing will be done. They will go to Camp Half-Blood as I've decided." In truth, Zeus had known about Hades' children for a while now. When he heard that they were no longer in Lotus casino he knew that they would immediately be hunted down by monsters. A child of the big 3 has a very strong scent but two of them...The king of the gods intended to help his brother but he couldn't have them under his domain either. And he certainly didn't anticipate Artemis interfering with the demigods' quest. Now Hades might think he's trying to provoke him.

After letting out an exhausted sigh he adjourned the meeting.